Drone Video at Night

Edit My Images
No
Here a the results of some night video testing this week. I was trying a lots of settings to try and get a good balance between sharpness and lack of noise a bit more work is needed but I was really happy with the results which were much better than I had expected. As with stills photography the actual time when you get a good balance of light from the building and light in the sky was about 15 mins.

I for one hate drone police and fully believe common sense should be applied.

I haven't watched the video yet, but legally you can only fly up to 30mins after sundown.... (and no more than 30mins before sunrise)....

I'm sure it's a good video, but may get you the wrong kind of attention.

Edit: watched.... I'm not sure what time it was you flew, but I'll assume that you did some colour correction/grading afterwards ;)

Last edited:
You are right in that you are usually able to 30 mins after sunset and 30 mins before sunrise and that is generally when you have the best light for night flying.

I have an extension to my PfCO that allows night flying though.

Nice... Wasn't sure of that was doable even with a PfCO....

I'm considering the possibility of doing mine in a year or so, but TBH, I don't fly the drone enough for personal, let alone even considered business use. So for now, probably a waste of cash for me

Back