Droplets set

Edit My Images
No
As per previous post this is the set I came up with.

Hope you enjoy looking as much as I did taking them

WD.jpg

WD2.jpg

WD3.jpg

WD4.jpg

WD5.jpg

WD6.jpg

WD7.jpg

WD8.jpg

Trev

Trev that is a stunning little set... I would be interested in the set used and lighting..

Nice one...

Shutterman

They're gorgeous! Makes my attempts look incredibly amateur! Do you have any shots of the set-up you used, as I'd be really interested to see how you did it!

Chris

Thanks Shutterman and Chris

No real secret to it. Good sense of timing and constant source of drip

The biggest problem is the focusing, With the drips falling, I use a steel ruler (on its edge) exactly at the point the water drops hit the water, its easier to focus on.

All shots are taken either 1/60th or 1/125th sec, its the flash that feezes the drop not the shutter speed. The flash unit I use is the Sigma 500 Super as it has an incredibly short duration with high output and point it in the direction of the drops from 90 degrees

BE CAREFUL WATER and ELECTRICITY dont Mix (Flash has an extremely high charge)

Start off getting the drops in focus then start experimenting with different lighting effect, these ones were all reflected light.

These were all taken in an oblong pyrex dish at the kitchen sink. Lens was Sigma 105mm Camera either 20D or 30D Oh and also use a shutter release cord

Hope this helps

Trev

Stunning stunning stunning

5, 6 and 8 are my faves - still on my list to try this sort of stuff!

wow i am in love with these. . . . . i want them!!!!!!! Wow wow wow

Excellent drop shots Trevor, very polychromatic (y)

Absolutely stunning!

These are great Trev! I like 6 with the water droplet catching the light and 7 for the impact and all the little droplets around it. May I ask how you got the rainbow effect colours or is it from the bowl?

Love the colours :)

I had a go at something like this last year, but they were nowhere near as good as these. Great stuff (y)

These are great. Really impressed with these.

Love the colour and timing you got on #2 and 4.

Thanks all :)

Dave, I had the flash about a foot to the right of the camera bouncing the light of the background @ 45 degrees using an off camera flash cord

These are really great. As soon as I saw them I tried to give it a go.... it is bloody hard. I can't get anything in focus or catch the drop right..... just have to keep trying.

Do we use Auto Focus or Manual

Do we use Auto Focus or Manual

As Trev mentined earlier use something (steal ruler in this case) to focus on where the drop will fall, get it in focus then swap to MF and fire away.......that's they way I've done it before anyway.

(y)

Also how are you getting these Colour Effect

Wow, and wow, some sensational water droplet images in the forum lately these are among the best I have seen.

Trev, these are brilliant. I can't add anything to whats been said above just wow and probably wow again.

Andy

Back