Droplets

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
After recently having a play around with smoke trails, i though i would move onto water, before i attempt splash droplets i though i would have a bit of a play around with droplets on a dvd and see what i could create. I used a 100mm macro lens for these and a desk lamp, small amount of editing to clean up the b/g and add a bit of contrast and sharpening. Your thoughts please, how can they be improved??? What setup would you use to shoot them??

1)
3772237634_a1d76a1456_o.jpg

2)
3772237342_218c48cfef_o.jpg

3)
3772237078_9b11ed0a6b_o.jpg

Really like those James, great colour! #2 & 3 get my vote mainly for the perspective, #2 is let down a bit by the reflection of the lamp, just my opinion of course!

I'm afraid I can't offer any technical crit but I definitely like what I see :clap:

I think these are excellent, I will give this a go tonight! Dont hold your breath for similar results though!

Thanks for the comments everyone, i agree with what has been said about the reflections, especially in no2. I have done a quick edit to no2 just to take the harsh reflections of the light, hopefully looks better now

how clever and a great idea - I like #3 best but they are all good, reflection or not (y)

These really are fantastic. Such a simple idea but executed really well. :)

Back