dropped my flashgun **insert sweary**

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
Doing a job for the local paper and I dropped my flash gun onto concrete (couldnt land on the ****ing carpet, could it?!?!) It now flops rather than clicks and you have to really yank it to move it up. Grrrr.

So a knackerd lens, flashgun and a camera with a wheel that keeps working, then breaking , then working, stopping me from changing settings and no money to fix it :bang:

Rant over!

er...
stop giggling about 3somes and use a neck strap?
;)

bummer mate, i try not to drop stuff, maybe re-organising your camera bag will help

Some women rushed me and made me panic hence dropping it :(

Looking for a positive in all this Matt....when you get to my age, it won't be happening too often :crying:....and if it did, I'd happily sacrifice the odd flash gun or two just for the ego boost :)

Bob

d'oh!

i have my 430ex pretty much bolted to my 40d hot shoe
it's a fill flash thing ;)

hey! maybe we can get a run of tp kit strings
like mitten strings and you can thread them through your coat and attach them to your most used bits o'kit (y)
win win
TP gets funds and ad space
you get to not drop stuff
idea patented by andrew748:rules:

or if you're sensible - don't!

credit is bad mmm'kay:thumbsdown:

There is nothing wrong with credit, only people who don't have enough willpower to say no

If you can't afford something don't buy it - if you can afford it in 4-8 weeks time (depending upon when in the moneth it is) get it now on a credit card and pay the bill off as soon as it arrives, or even better set up a direct debit to pay it all off.

There is nothing wrong with credit, only people who don't have enough willpower to say no

If you can't afford something don't buy it - if you can afford it in 4-8 weeks time (depending upon when in the moneth it is) get it now on a credit card and pay the bill off as soon as it arrives, or even better set up a direct debit to pay it all off.

i could cite a number of reasons with examples why part of your argument is soooooo wrong but this thread isn't the place or time(y)

Whatsa credit card, I've never had one? Honestly... :D

Whatsa credit card, I've never had one? Honestly... :D

a credit card is a tool of the devil and encourages you to predict your spend, it does not take into account that large expensive bits may fall off your car when the bill is due. ;)

credit is also a major factor in the current economic down turn and why i had to make 2 very good chaps redundant 4 weeks ago.:(

i reiterate, credit sucks:bang:

Doh! Hopefully your fee from the paper will go towards a new one/getting your one fixed.

Over 5 years of using a credit card and I've never incurred any interest

Credit is not to blame, people are

:agree:

I can't remember when I got my first card, it was when NatWest first brought one out! Probably 25 or 30 years ago.
At the moment I have 3 cards, 1 for normal use which pays 1% cashback, 1 spare which also pays 1% cashback and 1 for use in Europe because there is no foreign loading.
I have never paid a penny interest and now have Direct Debits to pay off in full each month.

sounds like you need to get some expensive insurance for your clumsiness. or you can tie strings to everything and hang them off your neck so you never drop them

You mean people actually scrape ice off their windscreens?

I just press the button, and it does it itself :p

Don't taunt the poor Nikon owners with tales of technology they can't afford .......

This is why insurance is such a great idea. ;)

Here's hoping... been paying for years and now when I want to use it, it looks like it will be the claim will be bumped.

The kids knocked over the camera bag when it was open and as a result the 50mm, 70-300 and 400d are knackered :(. They are away being assessed but I am not hopeful..........I know how the OP feels.

Very. It still flashes but it wont go to a 45 degree angle without flooping down and it wont stay on the camera, not matter how tight I screw it :(

It sounds eminently repairable to me! I would certainly have a go :)

Get the screwdriver out matt and start pulling it apart to find the broken bits to glue back together.

if no insurance then fetch the tape ;)

NB discharge the caps inside BEFORE having anything to do with the circuit else you might get a lovely burn...

Back