Dropped Nikon Lens

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I managed to drop my d800 with 24-70 2.8, the camera is fine but the lens is damaged, the zoom ring does not turn.

I want it fixed as soon as possible and was planning to send it back to Nikon. Is there a better alternative in central London?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I managed to drop my d800 with 24-70 2.8, the camera is fine but the lens is damaged, the zoom ring does not turn.

I want it fixed as soon as possible and was planning to send it back to Nikon. Is there a better alternative in central London?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Fixation :)

You could try Fixation in Vauxhall:

https://www.fixationuk.com/

Good reputation historically and an official Nikon service centre, but rather mixed reviews on Google recently. From what I've read previously, zoom ring problems on this lens can be expensive to fix, unfortunately.

Will accidental damage be covered by house insurance- if so phone them, if not sure phone them. If youre covered they’ll tell you where to send it

Thanks for the response guys, no chance with home insurance, the excess is too high.

I have heard there are places in Soho which is nearer my office, can anybody recommend one before I got to fixation?

Fixation probably won't be the cheapest option, my 200-400 f4 proved very expensive with a questionable need to replace everything.
Nikon were slow for my recent camera repair but effective and fair.

Thanks for the response guys, no chance with home insurance, the excess is too high.

I have heard there are places in Soho which is nearer my office, can anybody recommend one before I got to fixation?
That will probably be Sendean Cameras - http://www.sendeancameras.co.uk/

They have a shop in Soho and another in Clerkenwell. The repair centre is Clerkenwell but I believe you can drop things off at either shop. I've used them when I need a repair that the OEMs can't or won't do. Their service has been excellent.

Fixation are quick and produce a very credible and worthwhile job, just like new, but as said, it may not be cheap.

Still, neither is a new 24-70mm.

Soho to Kennington - no distance at all really.

Back