Drum Castle Aberdeenshire

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Quite a spooky place, I passed this place today and went to have a nosey after it was featured on 'Most Haunted'

The low autumn light on the round tower caught my eye and made it a good choice for a b&w conversion.

I went for a moody feel and left a lot of the shot 'in the dark'

IMG_8369.jpg

An intriguing shot, Bachs. Despite it being dark there's a lot to look at. I like it - it'd be interesting to compare it with one where you'd upped the levels.

regards

stepheno said:
An intriguing shot, Bachs. Despite it being dark there's a lot to look at. I like it - it'd be interesting to compare it with one where you'd upped the levels.

regards

Cheers...I could have got as much detail as I wanted really, but I deliberately went for the dark look. THe lighter version didn't work as well for me.
I was using the technique of my mentor Martin Henson...this is his style.
I'm emulating it until I develop my own.

I like this one very much.
The lead in from the bottom left corner is good and that nice highlight acts as a focal point for this image.
The B&W conversion works very well and gives exactly the right feeling to this shot.
One small suggestion, clone out the row of cross fencing in front of the tower. A bit distracting.

B&W conversion is something I like doing but find difficult to get right.
But I know what I like. :thumb:

Cameron

I like the look and feel of the image, but there's no focal point for me, nothing to arrest my eye as it wanders round.
It needs something in it - a figure in a doorway/window or a vehicle in the forground perhaps?

Back