Drum Castle - Aberdeenshire

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I posted a b&w shot of this in the sharing section but decided to keep this wider angle shot in colour.

I carried out a fair bit of manipulation on it in Photochop...selective colour adjustments, dodge & burn etc.

Does it look overprocessed?
I need to take a step back from it.

IMG_8368.jpg

the stonework is a little 'contrasty'* for my taste but I like it, on the whole. Looks like you've gone to town with the unsharp mask?

* I may have made this word up.

GfK said:
the stonework is a little 'contrasty'* for my taste but I like it, on the whole. Looks like you've gone to town with the unsharp mask?

* I may have made this word up.

I think you hit the nail on the head (twice!)
Part of the problem with the sharpening is my new save for web settings. I started using 'bicubic sharpening' from the 'image size' tab and it seems to overdo it a little.

Good shot, but I think it is just tending to look a little over-processed, not always easy to judge when you're on top of it.

I saw that place on 'Most Haunted' it's a really spooky place, not that I believe in that stuff.:)

Bachs, I don't need to mention sharpening etc you know that already.
I love the composition but you were let down by the weather.
I know some might think that strange ( nice blue sky and all that ) but this castle is screaming out for gloomy, dark, foreboding weather. You know what I mean, typical Scottish weather.

I do like the B&W version. :thumb:

Cameron

The front wall also seems to be bowed out, could the CS2 distort tool fix this?

SammyC said:
The front wall also seems to be bowed out, could the CS2 distort tool fix this?

That's probably a few hundred years of movement in the building...... I won't let you near my Leaning tower shot ;) (Only joking matey)

Back