Drumpellier Park

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I had some great shots of the signets after wading out to catch them in the shallows but the focus was soft as per number 1, any tips on this ?
4728716804_d9d83dd0eb.jpg

a couple of slightly better shots ...
4728071253_43f712e645.jpg

4728065613_9cb6ab608a.jpg

4728089927_914942e62d.jpg

maybe I should stick to larger pray ?

4728744548_3e919533de.jpg

Please crit and guide me to the path of decent sharp shots :crying:

Really like the 3rd one ,not 100% sure why I like it better than the other signet shots right enough, might be the light on the closest ones head.. Last one is a goodun too, got a funny look on it's face!

I only live 5 mins from the Lochs but have never been up to take pics!

Really like the 3rd one ,not 100% sure why I like it better than the other signet shots right enough, might be the light on the closest ones head.. Last one is a goodun too, got a funny look on it's face!

I only live 5 mins from the Lochs but have never been up to take pics!

Thanks for comments. Its a good place for some pics, some quite diverse wildlife.

Will need to pop up once I get another lens. Only got a 35mm f/1.8 prime at the moment.
Did you never make the move to Nikon/Canon from Pentax then (remember a thread you made a while back)

Will need to pop up once I get another lens. Only got a 35mm f/1.8 prime at the moment.
Did you never make the move to Nikon/Canon from Pentax then (remember a thread you made a while back)

Basically no ! After much self debate and actually handling the cameras I have decided to stick with Pentax, plan now is to get some decent glass then eventually swap body for K7.

Yeah you mean the locals ar the wildlife.

Was fortunate to go on a weekday afternoon this time, more toggers than locals, you certainly get diverse locals as well although the greater spotted single mum is a common sight !

Your brave coming from Airdrie to Coatbridge.:LOL:

LOL, really brave Mark as I am originally a Hamilton boy :)

Back to my soft focus frustrations, been doing some test shots in the house this morning, seems that it may just be the quality of my kit lens at full stretch, using the old 50 manual lens it is very sharp, found that changing to focus only on the centre point helps but not much.
Might have a look at a M200 F4 (about £60 these days), very sharp and faster but worry about manual focus on moving things !

At least having low end kit means you always have an excuse :bonk:

Back