DSCL sizing

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
I want to print a photo that is 5x7 ratio to fit an A3 frame which has no mount, so planning to just have a white border around the photo. Am I best just adding the white border manually in photoshop to fit A3 size at 300 dpi?

Also, if I need to upsize anything, from a quality point of view am I better off upsizing the photo to the required dpi, or just asking when I send them in to print them at the size I want and accept the reduction in dpi?

Last edited:
I want to print a photo that is 5x7 ratio to fit an A3 frame which has no mount, so planning to just have a white border around the photo. Am I best just adding the white border manually in photoshop to fit A3 size at 300 dpi?

Their support page appears to be saying to do what you are proposing, see: http://dscolourlabs.co.uk/about/Technical_Support
If you happen to have a hobbycraft shop near you, they sell/sold pre-cut borders but I have no no idea of sizes. Sorry I can't help with your second question.

EDIT: A pre-cut border won't be much help as you will have the same problem, my two brain cells must have worked overtime.

Last edited:
In PS click file/new, in the box set preset to international paper, size to A3 and colour to white.
Drag your 7x5 image onto the white background, it will auto centre.
Holding the 'shift' key down resize and place the 7x5 image on the white background as required.
Click on the 'move' tool..........usually at the top of the side toolbar then click 'select/All'
Then on the top toolbar click on 'Align vertical centres' and 'Align horizontal centres' they are usually below the 3D-View-Window tabs.
Save file as required
That should be you sorted :)
Any questions just ask

Back