DSCL

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I ordered some prints from DSCL (8X12) and they were awesome.

I have just ordered a 20x30 but it will be a poster print (satin poster paper apparently).

Just our of curiosity, if you want to frame a larger picture such as a 20x30) I suspect that you will have to order a poster print (as they will have to roll it etc to post it).

Is there anyway of ordering something like a 20x30 and ensuring it comes flat etc so there are no creases etc?

Just wondering, i'm sure a rolled picture will be fine to frame but its the forst time ive ordered such a large print and wanted to know what you all thought is the best way to order it through DSCL or anyother printing firm.

Cheers

I guess you could get them to deliver it flat by courier but that'll bump the cost up!

I've only ordered smaller prints from them but their packaging is superb so I'd have no worries about them rolling a print.

Let us know how it goes?
Cheers

I am "well" confused !!!

I uploaded 1.6Gb of photos the other night to DSCL.

I thought I had created an account, but with hindsight am not sure.

I have just gone to the site but can't find a login page and their phone number is constantly busy.

I am thinking that I will need to upload all my files again.

Any help appreciated.

I am "well" confused !!!

I uploaded 1.6Gb of photos the other night to DSCL.

I thought I had created an account, but with hindsight am not sure.

I have just gone to the site but can't find a login page and their phone number is constantly busy.

I am thinking that I will need to upload all my files again.

Any help appreciated.

If you have successfully uploaded any images, you will get a automated e-mail by return showing progress of your order, so if you have not received any e-mails then they will not had received your order.

Managed to get through to them. I didn't create an account because they don't have them.

Once I closed the browser that was it.

That's pretty stupid of me for not realising it at the time. I appreciate that the system may work for most people but not me. I would want for example to upload from work and then order later from home.

I would want for example to upload from work and then order later from home.

Why can't you do both from home?

Another (y) for their quality and packaging, I can't imagine going anywhere else having tried their services.

Managed to get through to them. I didn't create an account because they don't have them.

Once I closed the browser that was it.

That's pretty stupid of me for not realising it at the time. I appreciate that the system may work for most people but not me. I would want for example to upload from work and then order later from home.

I think Photobox does it like that.

Why can't you do both from home?

Another (y) for their quality and packaging, I can't imagine going anywhere else having tried their services.

I can but because we have a 10Mbs connection at work I can upload quickly without having to leave the PC on at home all night.

I'm just running their Kiosk software as it looks like that may work better.

+1, I have used many on-line photo printers over the years, but no one come close on price and quality.

If you have successfully uploaded any images, you will get a automated e-mail by return showing progress of your order, so if you have not received any e-mails then they will not had received your order.

I uploaded but never actually did an order their and then. They were photos taken at a wedding. I uploaded during the week and wanted to wait until my GF came round today so we could go through and choose what sizes and how many of each photo.

I uploaded but never actually did an order their and then. They were photos taken at a wedding. I uploaded during the week and wanted to wait until my GF came round today so we could go through and choose what sizes and how many of each photo.

As you found out, DSCL do not work like that. But they are great value for money, I sell a lot of my prints and have never had a complaint about photo quality, plus many of my images have been accepted into Photo Salons where the judges are very strict on print quality. So they are worth having a go with once you have sorted out which ones to print.

Thanks Barry. It looks like the Kiosk is the way forward for me. I'll get them all sorted & sized in the Kiosk and then upload.

Thanks for help.

Another (y) for DSC here, i'd never use anyone else. If ever you have a problem, their after sales & customer service is fantastic. I know what you mean about ordering & closing the browser, once you've started, you have to finish it

Stef

Now that I have their Kiosk Java app on my PC it's dead simple.

Order was uploaded on Sat night. They have acknowledged the order & will email me when it's dispatched. So I reckon it should be here tomorrow or Weds.

Well, sorry... i went off too :nuts: I read somebody else's response as yours! Doh

I had a 20x30 delivered in a tube & it framed fine (y)

Ooops sorry Andrew that was me who took it off topic. :bang:

Back