DSLR Boot Camp Thread: discussion and posting

I've signed up, also done the Flickr thing and joined the Photo Answers forum. Think I've covered every possibility. Also got a 12 moths subs as the £10 deal had ended. Since then it's started back up again. :bang:

My first mag comes next month so I have ordered this months from an online news stand, hoping it'll be here in the next few days
Steve

Last edited:
Looks like I'm the only one who'se mag never arrived :(

Seems like i am in good company then !, my mag has not arrived either .:shake:

And not had an email about the course yet .:(

And i am not on AndyJ1980's list . :eek:

Starting to feel like i dont exist .:shrug:

list re-edited.......
people added, and Lee...you're on it once now

I signed up....no mag yet and no emails.

Mark/JODmeister.

Can you also add me to the list please slimTP1 on Flikr, received my mag on the 20th march but as yet no e-mails.

I've signed up and got my magazine, no emails yet though. I've got the same username here as on flickr where I've already joined the group.

I had to sign up manually for the course online yesterday even though i'd subscribed for the 6 issues online, which arrived on Monday. :bonk:

I'm Zarch1972 on flickr.

So for the assignment, what are people going to use as a black background? I'm not sure i've got anything large enough in black to throw over the kitchen table. :shrug:

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I only read the bit in the mag very quickly but I'd not twigged the background had to be black...

I'm just to figure out what to use for the subject, which is bad enough for my uncreative brain!

Will have a look and a play about tonight.

Andy

I only read the bit in the mag very quickly but I'd not twigged the background had to be black...

Mag is at home, but i'm sure it said either a black or white background to provide a good contrast against whatever you decide to shoot.

My uncreative brain instantly thought "bin bag" for the background...... :wacky:

Bought my Mag today as I missed the subsciption deadline, and no emails for me either yet.

No mag and no emails yet.

Bedding makes a good black back drop, by a sheet!

Or get a photo tent, they normally come with a range of coloured backdrops

I subscribed for the 6 mag deal late so picked up an April copy today. There's a web address in the mag to sign up for the course- www.photoanswers.co.uk/2011course

The assignment is to choose a simple object and shoot it against a contrasting background- black for a light subject and white for a dark one.

When I mentioned to my OH that I was thinking of a subject for the still life, she suggested I use her dad :D

Just got my first email through for the course which contains two video's. One is the lesson video and one is a video with tips for the project.

Bedding makes a good black back drop, by a sheet!

Or get a photo tent, they normally come with a range of coloured backdrops

Sadly no black bedding here, all creams and whites! :crying:

The photo tent is an idea...... although looking on eBay, there are 100's of them.... from around 15 quid. :thinking:

Got the mag, got the email :)

Watching the vid crashed IE9 and Google Chrome :(

Had to reboot and it cleared whatever the problem was :)

I just need to get creative now.............................

I had to sign up manually for the course online yesterday even though i'd subscribed for the 6 issues online, which arrived on Monday. :bonk:

I'm Zarch1972 on flickr.

So for the assignment, what are people going to use as a black background? I'm not sure i've got anything large enough in black to throw over the kitchen table. :shrug:

Any ideas?

I use a piece of black card I got in my local garden centre (craft section) not sure what size but can curve it so no joins seen in background

other than that have used black clothing in the past, t-shirts etc ironed flat so no creases showing :)

Back