DSLR Camera at the emirates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit My Images
No
Hi, are you allowed to bring a DSLR camera at the Emirates? has anyone done so as a spectator not some professional photographer?

Hi, are you allowed to bring a DSLR camera at the Emirates? has anyone done so as a spectator not some professional photographer?

Sorry that doesn't make sense. Are you asking if you can take a DSLR camera to the Emirates or buy one in the Emirates ?

Realspeed

Ok thanks I will just bring my wife's compact point and shoot. Mods please close thread
That's not allowed either, taking photographs at all is not permitted. You might get away with it, but they'd still be within their rights to stop you.

That's not allowed either, taking photographs at all is not permitted. You might get away with it, but they'd still be within their rights to stop you.

I've seen numerous DSLRs at premiership grounds as well as point and shoots

It will all be down to stewards in that area as to you being stopped or not

I've seen numerous DSLRs at premiership grounds as well as point and shoots

It will all be down to stewards in that area as to you being stopped or not
You aren't allowed to take them, and that's the end of it. Whether or not stewards at individual clubs are lax is irrelevant, people need to be educated properly on matters like these. We are at these games doing the work of documenting them, the spectactors are there to do just that, spectate (I wish I could join them sometimes!).

Edit - I do appreciate that things like camera phones and smallest compact cameras are difficult to police though and can understand if these slip through, so maybe I was being a bit harsh on the OP. However, the fact remains, taking photographs in any Premier League or Football League match is completely forbidden (and you risk losing your camera trying to do so) unless you are properly accredited.

Last edited:
I hope pros seeing professional gear being used in the crowd report it to the club.

I hope pros seeing professional gear being used in the crowd report it to the club.

You say you're in "the real world" Arthur but for one Pro's should be too busy to notice, and also too far away to spot the likes of the OP using what might turn out to be a D60 and a poor zoom lens. The "real world" would accept that the tog is never going to be selling these images and not really competition for any pros who have the best vantage points to work from.

Doog said:
You say you're in "the real world" Arthur but for one Pro's should be too busy to notice, and also too far away to spot the likes of the OP using what might turn out to be a D60 and a poor zoom lens. The "real world" would accept that the tog is never going to be selling these images and not really competition for any pros who have the best vantage points to work from.

Well said and to the guy who said I cant even use a point and shoot, might as well ban mobile phones too lol. Seriously why is dslr banned in footy games whilst in f1 its perfecting fine? I bet i could use my 70-200mk2 at the Olympics no problem either. What's the reason why we can't use dslr in footy games?

It takes about 4 clicks from the root menu, how easy does it need to be?

Forums->Photography Discussion-> Talk Photography : Speciality Discussion-> Sport -> Stickies.

Really, really not hard.

You aren't allowed to take them, and that's the end of it. Whether or not stewards at individual clubs are lax is irrelevant, people need to be educated properly on matters like these. We are at these games doing the work of documenting them, the spectactors are there to do just that, spectate (I wish I could join them sometimes!).

Edit - I do appreciate that things like camera phones and smallest compact cameras are difficult to police though and can understand if these slip through, so maybe I was being a bit harsh on the OP. However, the fact remains, taking photographs in any Premier League or Football League match is completely forbidden (and you risk losing your camera trying to do so) unless you are properly accredited.

I agree 110% but it does happen, i've seen it first hand with people and DSLRs in grounds during games, 5/6 rows from the front aswell

It takes about 4 clicks from the root menu, how easy does it need to be?

Forums->Photography Discussion-> Talk Photography : Speciality Discussion-> Sport -> Stickies.

Really, really not hard.

4 clicks using an unreliable 3g on a moving train :LOL: like i said. i posted my posts using umm A ANDROID MOBILE DEVICE :bang:

jonneymendoza said:
4 clicks using an unreliable 3g on a moving train :LOL: like i said. i posted my posts using umm A ANDROID MOBILE DEVICE :bang:

It would take you about 3 seconds to navigate to the sticky that's been written exactly for this purpose. On the other hand it would take someone over half an hour to type in the info that you want and check that it's accurate.

Ref the sarcastic android comment: why do you think that in went to the trouble of writing out the path to the thread based on the TP app? Do a bit of your own leg work and stop expecting to be spoon fed.

What? Seriously? Is the football photography world in such a bad shape that you have to be that worried about people in the crowd with point and shoots? If I went to a football match with some mates and wanted a shot of us there I would take a camera in, and I wouldn't lose it, that just sounds stupid. They could try and confiscate it, but that isn't losing it.

Oh and do understand it isn't "you" who set these rules, but your post just makes you come across as quite insecure and demanding.

What? Seriously? Is the football photography world in such a bad shape that you have to be that worried about people in the crowd with point and shoots? If I went to a football match with some mates and wanted a shot of us there I would take a camera in, and I wouldn't lose it, that just sounds stupid. They could try and confiscate it, but that isn't losing it.

Oh and do understand it isn't "you" who set these rules, but your post just makes you come across as quite insecure and demanding.
I did try and soften my stance in the edited bit to expand that perhaps point and shoots are not so much a problem, but rather the more expensive DSLR kit that can deliver better standards. I tried to change my message to simply a warning to the OP that there is a chance a steward might well want to confiscate even the P&S camera, and yes, you are right that my choice of words was clumsy, I apologise for that.

Last edited:
It would take you about 3 seconds to navigate to the sticky that's been written exactly for this purpose. On the other hand it would take someone over half an hour to type in the info that you want and check that it's accurate.

Ref the sarcastic android comment: why do you think that in went to the trouble of writing out the path to the thread based on the TP app? Do a bit of your own leg work and stop expecting to be spoon fed.

No it wont smart ass. as I have pointed out I was browsing the forum using my android phone, yes a BLOODY MOBILE PHONE in a MOVING TRAIN. Take out your dictionary if you know what that is, look up the word mobile phone and train. Then after that, Google and search how awful a phone + moving train + 3g/2g signal is and then you will understand simple things why it takes LONGER then 3 seconds just to post a message :clap:

Until then, Move along "pal"

Can we keep it civil. Someone asked a question and phones aren't necessarily all that great sometimes. I know mine isn't. We're supposed to be a friendly forum. I can sometimes have a 3 minute lag on my phone if I'm on train or coach so bear that in mind please.

Lol, see. While waiting for my message to send, another mod responded. Poxy phone!

I did try and soften my stance in the edited bit to expand that perhaps point and shoots are not so much a problem, but rather the more expensive DSLR kit that can deliver better standards. I tried to change my message to simply a warning to the OP that there is a chance a steward might well want to confiscate even the P&S camera, and yes, you are right that my choice of words was clumsy, I apologise for that.

My reply up there was re-written too to soften it before I posted :) I understand it must be frustrating, but the anti authoritarian in me just hates all these rules about can and can't shoot things.

Having just shot a wedding on Friday and a music festival on Saturday and Sunday I have seen my fair share of people with point and shoots capturing their own moments and stuff that will mean something to them and when I see people complaining about this it just tends to pee me off a little :) (yours just happened to be the one I read when I was in a bad mood!)

Sports section is deffo getting into the wedding section category....................:D

The bloke in the crowd takes pics on his camera. He manages a few good shots, usually of a player quite close up. He rushes off to post it on Flicker and other such sites. He doesn't watermark it, he doesn't make it secure so along comes the poster printer/ t shirt maker and lifts the image. Easy to do.
It takes income off the club, it takes income off the pro with a licence to sell the image because they will want the proper going rate and why pay that when you can get a pic for free ?

kelack said:
Can we keep it civil. Someone asked a question and phones aren't necessarily all that great sometimes. I know mine isn't. We're supposed to be a friendly forum. I can sometimes have a 3 minute lag on my phone if I'm on train or coach so bear that in mind please.

Thank u. Try explaining that to the member being rude to me telling me I gotta click 4 links to see a sticky using my phone! Im on my phone now posting this and just to type this takes ages lol. Ok lads how cone in f1 its fine to take pics? As.the guy above me said. I can take a great pic of Hamilton colliding with someone in silvestone and post it on Flickr too yet f1 ain't fussed about it?

Of course the real reason cameras are banned from the Emirates is they make too much noise ;)

Thats an interesting read Gary. Thanks for the link.

Well said and to the guy who said I cant even use a point and shoot, might as well ban mobile phones too lol. Seriously why is dslr banned in footy games whilst in f1 its perfecting fine? I bet i could use my 70-200mk2 at the Olympics no problem either. What's the reason why we can't use dslr in footy games?

Hmm update us on this after youve been turned away at the Olympics next year because you got a DSLR with a 70-200 on it!! :LOL:

Nikon_Nick said:
Hmm update us on this after youve been turned away at the Olympics next year because you got a DSLR with a 70-200 on it!! :LOL:

You got a link saying no cameras allowed?

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/purchaseterms.html

Looks like small cameras will be allowed, and it will depend on what is taken to be 'large photographic equipment'. Anyone want to bet that a dslr will be considered large?

The following is a non-exhaustive list of restricted items which may not be taken into a Venue (LOCOG reserves the right to amend this list, generally, or in respect of any Venue or Session): food (save for baby food), alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (save for baby milk and other valid medical reasons), liquids in containers of greater than 100ml in size, needles (save as required for valid medical reasons), animals (save for assistance or guide dogs), weapons (including knives), illegal drugs, other illegal substances, fireworks, firecrackers, poles, flagpoles, sticks, large photographic equipment (including tripods), bats, large umbrellas and other blunt instruments, motorcycles, bicycles, roller-skates, skateboards, or other types of skates, electronic transmitting equipment, flags of countries not participating in the Games, large flags or banners, horns, whistles, drums, rattles, musical instruments, lasers or any other devices that in the opinion of LOCOG may disturb a Session, objects bearing trademarks or other kinds of promotional signs or messages (such as hats, T-shirts, bags, etc) which LOCOG believes are for promotional purposes, counterfeit products, balls, rackets, frisbees or similar objects, large quantities of coins, lighters, advertising or promotional material of any kind, printed matter bearing religious, political or offensive content or content contrary to public order and/or morality, bottles or containers made of glass or other material, flasks, thermoses, refrigerators, large objects such as suitcases or bags, and in general any material that LOCOG may deem dangerous or that may cause damage or disruption to a Session.

and

The following is an illustrative list of prohibited and restricted behaviour within any Venue: fighting, public drunkenness, smoking, gambling, unauthorised money collection, any activity related to marketing or advertising (including, for the avoidance of doubt individual or group ambush marketing), activity or protest related to unions, political or religious subjects, sale of goods by unauthorised individuals or in unauthorised places (booths, mobile fast food restaurants, refreshment areas, etc), unauthorised Ticket sales, unauthorised transmissions and/or recording through mobile telephones or other instruments (video cameras, tape recorders, etc), entry of unauthorised journalists/reporters with taping or recording equipment and/or video cameras, flash photography, (no mention of still cameras) attempting to access restricted areas, requesting money or other goods without authorisation (for example, musicians or singers at the entrance or in the Venue, charity collectors, beggars), standing on Ticketed seats, interfering with the operation of a Session (including, for certain Sessions, the use of mobile telephones), disturbing other Ticket Holders' enjoyment of a Session, disrupting the comfort or safety of other Ticket Holders and any other activity that LOCOG deems dangerous or inappropriate.

and

Images, video and sound recordings of the Games taken by a Ticket Holder cannot be used for any purpose other than for private and domestic purposes and a Ticket Holder may not license, broadcast or publish video and/or sound recordings, including on social networking websites and the internet more generally, and may not exploit images, video and/or sound recordings for commercial purposes under any circumstances, whether on the internet or otherwise, or make them available to third parties for commercial purposes

You got a link saying no cameras allowed?

Why do you need a link? Surely common sense would tell you that you wouldnt be able to take that kind of kit into a venue. I appreciate that a lot of compact cameras will have greater zooming capabilities than a DSLR with a 70-200mm lens, but it is all about perception at the end of the day.

We are 323 days away from the start of the games next year, and no one has their physical tickets yet. I will guarantee that on the back of the tickets will be conditions of use, which will include rules regarding photography.

If you go along to an Olympic venue next year with the kind of kit you are talking about, you will be turned away.

...and as if by magic....Cheers Duncan

Last edited:
Why do you need a link? Surely common sense would tell you that you wouldnt be able to take that kind of kit into a venue. I appreciate that a lot of compact cameras will have greater zooming capabilities than a DSLR with a 70-200mm lens, but it is all about perception at the end of the day.

We are 323 days away from the start of the games next year, and no one has their physical tickets yet. I will guarantee that on the back of the tickets will be conditions of use, which will include rules regarding photography.

If you go along to an Olympic venue next year with the kind of kit you are talking about, you will be turned away.

...and as if by magic....Cheers Duncan

Why do i need a link? because as far as i know, its only football games your not allowed camera's whilst F1 your allowed much LARGER lenses then my 70-200. my point? it depends solaly on the event/sport and if they choose to allow such things. if there is NO mentioning of not being allowed to bring a dslr to the olympics from the official website and at the back of the ticket then i wont be turned down mate as if i wasnt allowed it would be plastered on the ticket or on website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back