DSLR practise! A bit of naughty language here aswell!

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all, first time posting in this bit of the forum.

I came across a relatively stable release of Magic Lantern for my 500D yesterday and I've been having loads of fun with it. I made this tiny vid this morning to just muck about with the video and Final Cut Pro X.

I know what some of you may be thinking, The 500D already did video and was already capable of producing stupid stuff like this.. but my personal opinion on the video was it was too limited to be functional. But now, thanks to Magic Lantern it's chuffing brilliant. SO MUCH CONTROL!! :clap:

But yeah, let me know what you think of quality etc etc. I'm viewing this on an iMac at the moment and I had to manual focus at f/1.8.. so I'm pretty sure alot of its out of focus. Also wouldn't mind some general advice on shooting video with my camera! :)

Criticise me wherever you may like to. This took me the best part of 20 minutes to make and it's made me fall for my camera, all over again :D

Here's the YouTube link :)

Erm... how did Magic Lantern actually enhance that video :D

Filmed it in 24p.. had exposure control. With Magic Lantern disabled, I couldn't access the aperture and exposure controls and the video was dark and pretty unusable. Considering it was around sunrise aswell. Also had better ISO control with Magic Lantern. Canon 500D's have auto ISO on video, I put this one on 160, opened up the aperture and exposure and punched a piece of toast ;)

The video quality is good but....

What did the toast do wrong? :D

Back