DSO astro imaging : a brief guide *youtube vid*

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
While this isn't a photo share as such - I was asked to do a video for an Astronomy Society about DSO imaging and what it entails. I thought it may be of interest to some folks on here.

It's a 30 minute video with slides and images and gives you a very basic idea of what can be done and how. People do ask about my astro stuff when I post it, so I hope if anyone can actually make it through the 30 minutes, they will find it informative and a useful starting point.

If anyone has any feedback, that would be great.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUTkWfwtRw0

Last edited:
I'll be watching this later, thanks for posting it.
Are you a member on Stargazers lounge?, as I'm sure it would be welcomed on there too, (if it's not on there already).

Many thanks for posting this Sara, I've been impressed by your images and it's great to see what is involved and what options there are.

Didn't realise how much work went into this type of photography. I wouldn't have the patience to do it.
Well done and the pictures are amazing

Thanks Chris and Darren - I'm glad that you liked it and found it useful. It's very much geared towards people that aren't currently doing DSO imaging and wonder what its all about.

Sorry that it lasted so long. I got carried away on the narration :)

Dont apologise for the length, it was really interesting and gave a great insight into what is involved.
Can see a tracking mount in my future, so I'm definately bookmarking this to come back to again.
Thanks very much for sharing your knowledge.

Thanks for this Sara, great watch and see how you do this.

Back