DUAL lensing macro!

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
I got a bit bored today so I decided to have some fun with my camera. After needing/wanting some new glass very badly, I wanted to re kindle the excitement I felt whenever I had done something I'd not done before or used before, so what you are seeing now are the outcomes of using an Canon 18-55mm F/3.5 on the body, and then using a 50mm F/1.8 infront of the front element. Actually, duct taped to the front element.

I tried photographing a penny and a pen. Honestly, none of these photos are good. At all, but I just wanted to show my produce for observational purposes!

I did as best I could to keep them in focus, but it was VERY hard.

IMG_8603.jpg

IMG_8605.jpg

IMG_8609.jpg

IMG_8612.jpg

IMG_8613.jpg

IMG_8614.jpg

Let me know what you think!

It's certainly different :LOL: I'm not really sure about it as an idea, I'm guessing this is very similar to reversing rings :thinking: based on they way that you've described it (y)

May want to look at some cheap manual extension tubes you can get them for under a tenner, I've borrowed my brother in law's in the past and you can get some brilliant results when coupled with a 50/1.8 (y)

279/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Just an example of what can be achieved (y) I'll take it down at you request (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

It's certainly different :LOL: I'm not really sure about it as an idea, I'm guessing this is very similar to reversing rings :thinking: based on they way that you've described it (y)

May want to look at some cheap manual extension tubes you can get them for under a tenner, I've borrowed my brother in law's in the past and you can get some brilliant results when coupled with a 50/1.8 (y)

279/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Just an example of what can be achieved (y) I'll take it down at you request (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I AM SO BUYING THEM... JESUS!!! That is one wicked photo!!!!

Back