Dubai Air Show

Great images from Dubai Airshow.

I much more prefer the static shots to the in flight shots (are the in flight shots heavy crops as they look a little soft), and i really like the processing of the static shots too, a nice cool feel on what i would imagine was not a cool day (not in Dubai anyway)

What i would say though however, on the last shot i'd spend a little more time getting the crop perfectly symmetrical as it is ever so slightly off and a little off putting as it is so damn close to being symmetrical

I much more prefer the static shots to the in flight shots (are the in flight shots heavy crops as they look a little soft), and i really like the processing of the static shots too, a nice cool feel on what i would imagine was not a cool day (not in Dubai anyway)

What i would say though however, on the last shot i'd spend a little more time getting the crop perfectly symmetrical as it is ever so slightly off and a little off putting as it is so damn close to being symmetrical

how can you tell the inflight shots are crops? :jawdrop:

The very last one isn't a crop and I completely agree - it was a hot day and I didn't really spend a lot of time taking photos. Immediately regretted when I saw this shot once back home as it could've turned out so much better.

Here's a better crop

Dubai Airshow by Dan Q, on Flickr

Yes, much nicer crop that one, although if i were being really picky i would give it just a little more headroom as you have just about clipped the top of the tail off, if you are worried about leaving the red flag/banner in the top corner i'd just do a bit of simple cloning to remove it and leave a bit of headroom

Nice little set.

Personally I'd pull back the vignette a pinch on all of them and sort the sky out in number four. As a set it doesn't work at all.

Back