Non UK Dubai Photograpy

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
I have the opportunity to go to Dubai in December for 5 days, while the plan is to go and watch cricket it is also a good photo opportunity generally does anyone have any experience, advice of Photography in Dubai? I'm thinking buildings and night photography.

THOUGHTS:-
Where to go?
Where not to go?
What not to do?
Where not to do it?
Must photo things [buildings I am guessing]?

As this is a once in a lifetime chance any advice / guidance would be appreciated.

December is a pretty good time to come out the sky at last has some clouds during the day (sometimes!) and are clear when it is dark for good night shots. As well as what has already been recommended I would say:

During the day Bastikiya is good for a roam around the narrow streets and a good look at the life on the creek where the dhows load up with all manner of cargo although this is far better in the daylight
Head up to Jumeirah for good views back to the skyline on Sheikh Zayed Road skyline during the wicked orange sunsets that are on offer - you can also get some good shots from the Boardwalk on the Garhoud side of the creek
You could always bob up to the top of the Burj Khalifa and spend time taking some aerial shots without having to get in a plane.
The rooftop bar at the 4-Points Sheraton offers a great chance for evening light trails and cityscapes without having to pay anything aside from your beer
A 1 hour jouney south to Abu Dhabi for the Sheikh Zayed mosque provides you with a load of great opportunities and you are free to go where you please

Have a great trip

Back