Dubbo Japanese Gardens

Edit My Images
Yes
Now that I've registered on the forum, I suppose I should post some photos, so here is one I took at the Shoyoen Japanese Garden in the Dubbo Regional Botanic Garden:

Dubbo 2.jpg

Would love to see the colour version. Does it need a little straightening up?

Thanks for the comments.

Perhaps it does need need a bit of straightening up, not much though. It might be a bit hard to judge because of all the curves, but I'll play around with it. Sorry, but there is no colour version - it was shot using Ilford black and white film.

I think the 1st one needs rotating about 5.6 degrees anti clockwise.

As compositions I like them both but I'm not sure the mono treatment really suits them. Maybe they could potentially be more striking as color pictures?

I do like the composition of the first as well and here's a little straighten - although a little tricky as there's little to reference against. I ended up using the foreground floating leaves and what looks like a fence on the left?

I had a quick play with editing the contrast and black point, and whilst there is a fair amount of adjustment available I actually prefer the original. It has a nice timeless feel to it, so left it just with the straighten.

Edit.jpg

Back