Duck in flight taken with nifty.

PauloWanClift

Suspended / Banned
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Quite gutted it was not at the left side of the frame, would of made the image so much better. Larger view on deviantArt is deffo recommended.

4198195237_76c7edaf65_o.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2009/353/f/2/flying_duck_by_paulclift.jpg

Last edited:
That shot sure is a belter. It almost looks photoshopped! The duck is very well seperated from the background. I'm still trying to decide whether that's detracting or adding to the image, but it sure makes it interesting for me. Really is an excellent shot. The fact that he's on the right of the frame suits this one. Captures his speed as opposed to the conventional composition.

Thanks for the comments, I was pretty pleased. I'd gone there to photograph ducks on the ice and someone started chucking bread behind us so they all came flying past either side of us, I snapped off 3 shots and was amazed that one was focused.

Shot at f3.2

Last edited:
Nice job, it never occurred to me that with that sort of background its possible to just swap it around abit.

Goodness me.

You've nailed the focus - so much so it almost looks 'stuck on' when combined with the dof and the light under the wing.

Fantastic duck shot! Properly nailed focus.

I would consider a square crop or, indeed, a PS job such as Drewpics posted

never seen anything like this and agree the duck seems to have been stuck on the background! Well caught. :clap:

Back