Dudley the dog

Edit My Images
No
I posted this on the OcUK forums for my first competition entry and was pleasantly suprised with the feedback it got. Just thought I'd share it here and see what you all thought of it.

dudley.jpg

P.S. There is a white border around the image which I imagine won't show up on these forums!

quite a nice shot..i like it,although i'm not very experienced to offer critique,the one thing that's bothering me is the dark eyes..ie,no catchlights,and you seemed to have focussed on the tongue instead of the eyes...

hope this helps (y)

The first thing i was drawn to was the black eyes personally i like it. Gives an otherwise un offensive picture a slightly demonic feel......lol...

very nice, great looking hound what breed is it?

Nice shot, but, as Stan says, would have been a lot better if focus was on eyes.
Also a little selective lightening on dog's dark side would be better.

Thanks for the comments folks. The feedback I had elsewhere was also based around the eyes being a little bit dark. I didn't notice them until it was pointed out to me, All part of the learning curve though eh :).

Thanks for the other comments as well.

Cyphen - He is a Nova Scotia Duck Toller (20 months old). A little bit for his size but a great dog. We actually have two (Gulliver 3 in September). I'll get some pics up later of the two of them.

Back