4592631971_18dfe156df.jpg

4595323602_bef747c266.jpg

4594722759_6127d46a80.jpg

4594725669_6824b4a1a7.jpg

4594793375_f608754cf3.jpg

4594795507_3d9e6ffb27.jpg

C+C welcome :)

More on my flickr

More on my facebook too :) http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...le#!/album.php?aid=427309&id=598015577&ref=mf

Last edited:
Your owl really made me laugh out loud (in a good way!!) what a face!!
Nice sharp merecat, slight shame about the Bg, but you can't have it all can you?
Both the cat shots are a tiny bit spoilt by the distracting reflections (for me) but both the subjects are nice and sharp, maybe a portrait crop on the lynx would work too, but a good idea with the B/W treatment for him/her :clap:

Tara

Some nice images Adele. I visit Dudley regularly, its my "local" Zoo.

1. Nice catch, at my local CWP I can never catch the buggers, I love the facial expression on him :D

2. As said nice sharp image with good eyes but a shame about the background, again as said you can't have everything :D

3. Shame about the wire in the front and the back.

4. Again shame about the reflections as the image looks stunning and nice and sharp. Best of the set :D

5. Nice timing with the mouth open, good shot would be so much better if his two thing-a-ma-jigs weren't clipped off

6. Slightly dark but nice capture

How close can you get to the fences, if you try resting your lens hood on the fence if you can you should be able to shoot right through the fence and with glass if you rest your lens against the glass using a hand to cover the main area where your lens hood isn't touching the glass should kill all reflections :D

Nice set. I agree with all that Ryan has said.
For me, the meerkat is the best. Nice and sharp!! As said above, pity about the fence in the b/g.

Dudley zoo is so different to most other Zoos being built on a hill with a ruined castle in the centre. Dawn B and myself have been there more than once to photograph the animals (the cafe at the entrance do great burgers by the way). A couple of the enclosures are not in use because they are listed structures so can't be altered , a lot of space for nothing. Having a walk through with the lemurs does give a chance to get some great shots with no mesh/bars/glass to worry about.
As for your pictures I prefer nos 1 and 2, no1 the look on the owls face and who can resist taking a picture like no 2 with the typical sentry duty pose.

Realspeed

Back