Dungeness Fishing Boat..

Edit My Images
Yes
One from Dungeness..

(And the fish and chips at the Britannia were banging!!!!!!!)

99674633.jpg

Here is the Re-crop..

99712551.jpg

Could not get an exact third on the horizon but here is my effort..

Shutterman

Last edited:
I think this is great. My preference would be to lose some of the sky and have the horizon a bit higher in the shot. I think the top part of the sky is not adding the same value as the rest of the shot.

I think this is great. My preference would be to lose some of the sky and have the horizon a bit higher in the shot. I think the top part of the sky is not adding the same value as the rest of the shot.

Rh I think you make a valid point there I was just looking at the crop I performed and was thinking it was coming up short somewhere...

After looking at it I think the Horizon should be on a third...

Cheers

Shutterman

Rh I think you make a valid point there I was just looking at the crop I performed and was thinking it was coming up short somewhere...

After looking at it I think the Horizon should be on a third...

Cheers

Shutterman

That would work for me. I do like the use of thirds wherever possible. I look forward to a recrop.

There is a good chippie in Southport - the Swan: old fashioned chippie, doesn't sell rice.

That would work for me. I do like the use of thirds wherever possible. I look forward to a recrop.

There is a good chippie in Southport - the Swan: old fashioned chippie, doesn't sell rice.

Added re-crop let me have your thoughts RH

Cheers

Shutterman

Added re-crop let me have your thoughts RH

Cheers

Shutterman

I do prefer the recrop. I am such a fan of thirds that a move in that direction is a good thing in my opinion.

There were some wonderful shots from China in today's Guardian magazine, but a number had the subject bang in the centre and they didn't look as good as the others. The saving feature was the intersting stories that went with the pictures.

Nice shot & looks well in B&W. The boat looks a tad over sharpened, however.

Hi Shutterman

Hope you dont mind I edited your pic, To me I think it would be better to have more space in front of the boat and less at the back maybe a sightly different angle as I so like the sense of the breadth of the sea behind, removed the white blob also on the left, my edit is just quick but it shows what I think using thirds and L shape, ( in this case reverse L) could you re shoot it? or the original so you could crop differently great BW treatment

2640348282_a8de526d6e_o.jpg

Original Photo By Shutterman

99674633.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
The re-crop works best for me

Nice shot & looks well in B&W. The boat looks a tad over sharpened, however.

Thanks misty, it does appear that way but the full size image is perfect.

Many thanks for the comments.

Shutterman

Dave

I could not position the shot as you have edited due to a large dozzer being in the way and a pile of crates, so I opted for the shot I have taken which I kind of like..

Nice edit though..

Shutterman

Hi Shutterman

Hope you dont mind I edited your pic, To me I think it would be better to have more space in front of the boat and less at the back maybe a sightly different angle as I so like the sense of the breadth of the sea behind, removed the white blob also on the left, my edit is just quick but it shows what I think using thirds and L shape, ( in this case reverse L) could you re shoot it? or the original so you could crop differently great BW treatment

2640348282_a8de526d6e_o.jpg

Original Photo By Shutterman

99674633.jpg

Dave

Back