South-East England Dungeness - Permission to Photograph?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I am planning a visit to Dungeness in the next week if the weather is good, however my mate has just informed me that you need permission first, is that the case?

I have been there a couple of times before, summer of last year was the most recent and did not need permission.

Thanks

Dungeness is local(ish) for us and we see photographers every visit and certainly never seen any notices about permission required.

If you visit then lunch is essential at "The Pilot" http://thepilotdungeness.co.uk/ just by the level crossing on the bend left of the entrance to the estate.

Dungeness is local(ish) for us and we see photographers every visit and certainly never seen any notices about permission required.

If you visit then lunch is essential at "The Pilot" http://thepilotdungeness.co.uk/ just by the level crossing on the bend left of the entrance to the estate.

Ive photographed here and never seen any signs re photography, my recommendation for lunch though would be to go elsewhere as I had dinner here with the wife on a day out and it was terrible, sent it back and didnt pay.

Ive photographed here and never seen any signs re photography.

Sorry for the delay in replying but yes in the end I phoned them up and you do need permission if it is commercial, If private then no you don't. Regarding signs, there are now signs all along the driveway leading up to the lighthouse regarding that you need permission.

Likewise have a look at the Dungeness-nnr.co.uk website regarding photoshoots. However if unsure about anything do phone, as I found them to be very helpful.

Ive photographed here and never seen any signs re photography, my recommendation for lunch though would be to go elsewhere as I had dinner here with the wife on a day out and it was terrible, sent it back and didnt pay.
I've eaten at The Pilot on many occasions. It's usually heaving to the gills at weekends and bank holidays. When it is, I'd suggest ordering the fish and chips (the portions are enormous and the fish deliciously fresh with beautiful batter). I've always found the food there to be acceptable.

If you're after a lighter bite, try the Dungeness Snack Shack a few hundred yards down the road on the Ness. Freshly cooked seasonal fish, crab and lobster in a bun or flatbread. Take a bottle of fizz and enjoy a true al fresco dining experience (blankets are usually available).

Back