Dungeness

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I am planning to head out to Dungeness one day either late August or early September.

I've never been there, but seen plenty of pictures from there, so was wondering if anyone could advise if there is a particular part to go to? :shrug: or is it a case of roam as you please.

Also seeing if anyone would like to meet there?

Possible dates at the moment are;

August; 19, 20, 21
September; 18, 19, 20

Cheers,

Adam

I could be up for a meet, 20th/21st would be good for me. I have been there before and it is worth a visit.

a little bump to see if anyone else would be interested in meeting up?

Hi
Yeah I could poss be up for a meet up.
Been there before and its a great place.
You are free to wander around as you like.
Just remember to be respectful because people are still living and working there.
Let me know what dates you decide on and ill try fit work around it :)

No restrictions, but no access to the near-by power station, lots to see and photograph

I've had a lengthy stroll around the perimeter of the power station with no strange looks.

It's definitely one of the most amazing locations in the UK. I can't wait to head back there.

No restrictions, but no access to the near-by power station, lots to see and photograph

Well kind of. It's a nature reserve and if you look really closely at the sign as you enter there are some restrictions but these mainly apply to what they loosely term "professional photography". See here - http://www.dungeness-nnr.co.uk/photoshoots.php - bottom line is that there are lots of people running around with cameras and if they behave themselves everybody is happy. I was there once several years ago shooting a couple of wedding dresses for a shop and the warden turned up really fast. He's backed up by armed police so we had a nice quiet chat.

There are some signs telling you to stay away from the boats and machinery - and they are serious about this. It's a working beach and every object on it is owned by somebody. Most of them sit in their cottages with binoculars and the warden on speed dial ;) But again, if you're causing no trouble nobody usually has an issue.

Where do you reccomend for parking?

There are marked (free) car parks on the right as you drive towards the lighthouse. Do not park anywhere else or you may find your car locked behind a barrier. There's a car park at the Pilot for a well earned pint at the end of the day.

BTW it is by far the spookiest place I have ever been. Go on your own at dawn for the full effect. Wear boots and take a windproof with you - even in "summer".

Well kind of. It's a nature reserve and if you look really closely at the sign as you enter there are some restrictions but these mainly apply to what they loosely term "professional photography". See here - http://www.dungeness-nnr.co.uk/photoshoots.php - bottom line is that there are lots of people running around with cameras and if they behave themselves everybody is happy. I was there once several years ago shooting a couple of wedding dresses for a shop and the warden turned up really fast. He's backed up by armed police so we had a nice quiet chat.

There are some signs telling you to stay away from the boats and machinery - and they are serious about this. It's a working beach and every object on it is owned by somebody. Most of them sit in their cottages with binoculars and the warden on speed dial ;) But again, if you're causing no trouble nobody usually has an issue.

There are marked (free) car parks on the right as you drive towards the lighthouse. Do not park anywhere else or you may find your car locked behind a barrier. There's a car park at the Pilot for a well earned pint at the end of the day.

BTW it is by far the spookiest place I have ever been. Go on your own at dawn for the full effect. Wear boots and take a windproof with you - even in "summer".

thanks Jonathan. I am thinking of heading there early on saturday I think!

Back