Dunnock.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
What a difference a bit of good light makes. I actually managed to get a decent shutter speed and stop down a little this morning - a rare luxury which I opted for rather than lowering the ISO. The first shot is stunningly sharp even at 1:1. The second shot is the nicer pose, but not quite as sharp, but them's the breaks. :shrug:

IMG_6348-01.jpg

IMG_6349-01.jpg

20D, 500mm f4L IS, 800 ISO.

top shots CT

Nice work Mr T - much sharper and it'd be through that branch like butter :)

Thanks fellers. I think I need a 40D to squeeze any more detail in. I can feel one coming on any time now. :D

Hi wonderful shots the first shot is really sharp, love the pose in the second tho
Pete

Thanks fellers. I think I need a 40D to squeeze any more detail in. I can feel one coming on any time now. :D

To be fair, anything less than the 1Ds MK3 coupled with the 1200mm and you're just needlessly denying yourself. :D

To be fair, anything less than the 1Ds MK3 coupled with the 1200mm and you're just needlessly denying yourself. :D

ROFL. Family motto "Deny thyself nowt! :D

The 40D would still be the better birding camera - even with the 1200mm, but 'er indoors flatly refuses to go on the batter and take in washing to finance a 1200mm. :(

I was seriously tempted to go for the 1DSMK3 , but it's a lotta dosh and truth be told I'd just be cropping away a lot of that full frame advantage most of the time. The 40D still comes out top (just) in the cropping war so makes a lot more sense for me.

Superb, as always :clap:

............ The 40D still comes out top (just) in the cropping war so makes a lot more sense for me.
And of course the price has to be a concideration well it was for me :D
Great shots CT(y)

Just stunning sharp shots CT, those drab little brown birds are quite beautiful seen in this detail. :Clap:

Showing us how it should be done as usual. Well i suppose I can just keep trying!

At first I thought it was oversharpened, until I looked closer, and realised it was the feather detail around his neck, crips and sweet, and as usual, good contol of light and intelligent use of empty space.

Great shots with top sharpness and colour CT .
Im glad im not the only one who takes Dunnock shots. CT you had better make the most of the light, the uk will be in low cloud cover untill Sat.

many thanks

At first I thought it was oversharpened, until I looked closer, and realised it was the feather detail around his neck, crips and sweet,

Fair comment Les - it's something which bugs me.... when you compress that much detail down to web viewing size it can start to look suspect. As you can see from this 1:1 crop, the detail is there though.

dunnockfullsize.jpg

another excellent set of pics :clap:

makes me quite depressed :sigh:

Back