Dunraven Bay

Gar

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Ventured out to Dunraven Bay in South Wales this evening. It was really hard to manage to capture anything special without getting spry from the waves on the lens/filter.
Just thought I'd post some up and see what people think.

Dunraven Bay by g.simmons, on Flickr

Crashing Waves by g.simmons, on Flickr

Thanks

Gareth

Thank you, Tina. The second was shot in RAW, so am going to try and bring the wave back to life a bit so it's not so blown out.

no 1...
please stick to no 1 settings...no 2 is ruined by the super real wave detail

i love the composition and would just bring in the rh edge a bit to make the land more in the 2/3-3/4 part..

cheers
geof

One is looking nice .. however i like the crop of the pebbles in two.... Think thats due too the two pieces of flotsam in pic one... Lovely shot.

Thank you for the comments guys. It's good to know what other people think, I suppose that's the best way to progress, then put the advice to good use the next time I'm out. I'm waiting for a 10 stop ND filter to arrive, will revisit and see what else I can come up with.

Thanks

Gar

I know this location rather well :)

Come along to our next meet: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=316332

The first is the best shot, as it's not quite so blown in the highlights on the wave.
Looks like some terrific lighting in the clouds and on the cliffs. Next time you are there, go right along the beach for some lovely cracked rocks and leading lines. Also head over the cliff to some stunning scenery.

#1 is my fave lovley shot looks like an amazing location

I know this location rather well :)

Come along to our next meet: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=316332

The first is the best shot, as it's not quite so blown in the highlights on the wave.
Looks like some terrific lighting in the clouds and on the cliffs. Next time you are there, go right along the beach for some lovely cracked rocks and leading lines. Also head over the cliff to some stunning scenery.

Just been looking at the detail of the meet. Sounds good. I will have to check that I am not working, if I'm off, I'll definitely come along.

Thank you for the comments guys.

Back