Durdle Door

FFO

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm confused about image size, if this is wrong sorry.

Taken on Monday evening, one of those where the sun disappeared before the clouds changed colour, but I'm still pleased with the out come.

5244633015_83af87e7e7_b.jpg

And on black

Last edited:
I would be rather please with that too. The colours are lovely and the definition on the archway is a very nice contrast to the soft water. There's maybe a tad too much middle ground, but that would be really nit picking and you'd have gotten wet getting lower. ;)

I would be rather please with that too. The colours are lovely and the definition on the archway is a very nice contrast to the soft water. There's maybe a tad too much middle ground, but that would be really nit picking and you'd have gotten wet getting lower. ;)

My feet got soaking wet as it is, and bl**dy cold too. :D

Cheers for commenting.

A gorgeous photo, well done :clap:

Love the way the sun lights up and provides a warmth to the rocks and sand.

Cheers

Dawn :)

We've all seen millions of shots of this place, this is the first in a long time that's got my attention.

Light and timing I guess. Using those two well is the essence of good photography after all.

A great shot.
Not easy getting a shot of the door that we haven't seen 100 times before, but I think you may have managed it :clap:

Lots of movement and a lovely warm atmosphere. Great capture of some nice light.

I have seen lots of pictures of this location and this ranks with the best of them. For me you have nailed the shutter speed giving the sense of movment, great capture well done.(y)

The use of light and shade is impressive as is the portrayal of the sea running back down the beach.
Durdle Door is one of those places that is immensely appealing, but has suffered from having thousands of pics taken with most of them being identical to each other. It needed a new approach to obtain a variation on the theme. You have succeeded in achieving that, Mark - well done.

Thanks all for your comments, much appreciated. (y)

The shutter speed was a pain as I had to shoot it at f/22 so got some CA on the cliff tops, could really have done with a 2 or 3 stop ND filter.

Last edited:
Back