Durham - A Cathedral and reflections

Edit My Images
No
Just got back from a couple of days in the North East, had a nice wander around Durham and managed a couple of reflection shots

All C&C welcome

Simon

Durham_1.jpg

Durham_2.jpg

Durham_3.jpg

I lived there in my youth (before emigrating back to Yorkshire)

Third presses all the right buttons, with the weir providing a neat lead in.

Some bleeding of the sky/trees (blues), but doesn't distract.

Some nice shots there, one place I have never been to but one i will now take a look at, thanks for sharing

not sure if it is the light, the sharpness or the processing but the reflection shots don't look quite right to me. There is a bit of the same over sharpened look to the skyline in the last one but the composition is good and it does not notice as much.

Great set. Durhams a great place for photo opportunities.

Some nice shots there, one place I have never been to but one i will now take a look at, thanks for sharing

Be aware that they don't allow photography inside the Cathederal.

Keith.

not sure if it is the light, the sharpness or the processing but the reflection shots don't look quite right to me. There is a bit of the same over sharpened look to the skyline in the last one but the composition is good and it does not notice as much.

I see your point Robert, they do look a little over-sharp, I do tend to sharpen my images more for print which does sometimes mean that my web images appear a little oversharp, I'll look at adjusting my workflow

thanks to everyone else for the comments (y)

simon

It's typical, i'm at uni in Durham, been here 2 years and I've NEVER been out on a day when the sky's that clear, and the river's so still!

I like the first, the second and third look a bit over-sharpened, as others have said!

Chris

It's typical, i'm at uni in Durham, been here 2 years and I've NEVER been out on a day when the sky's that clear, and the river's so still!

I like the first, the second and third look a bit over-sharpened, as others have said!

Chris

Hi Chris,

you have to be out in the Daylight hours, no good just after the clubs have closed ;) :LOL:

Seriously though I was expecting to see shots like this all over the web but having had a quick look around there's suprisingly few, even the shop in the indoor market didn't seem to sell a reflection shot...perhaps I was luckier than I realised

thanks

simon

Back