Durham Cathedral

just a bit less sky...say 50% will compress the shot to make the cathedral more important and eye worthy
the think about skies is that they really are a subject in themselves...lots of mine fail in this as i think they are more importance...landscapes are different..which this really isnt...more architecture if one wants to know
"For over a millennium, Durham Cathedral has occupied a central place in English religious history, with its Norman rebuilding (1093-1133) marking it as an internationally significant masterpiece in the history of architecture. Its setting, perched on a peninsula formed by a bend in the River Wear, adds to the visual drama of the view"
the river is linked by reflection...and is the booster to the shot
was that done in lightroom?
cheers
geof

Last edited:
just a bit less sky...say 50% will compress the shot to make the cathedral more important and eye worthy
the think about skies is that they really are a subject in themselves...lots of mine fail in this as i think they are more importance...landscapes are different..which this really isnt...more architecture if one wants to know
"For over a millennium, Durham Cathedral has occupied a central place in English religious history, with its Norman rebuilding (1093-1133) marking it as an internationally significant masterpiece in the history of architecture. Its setting, perched on a peninsula formed by a bend in the River Wear, adds to the visual drama of the view"
the river is linked by reflection...and is the booster to the shot
was that done in lightroom?
cheers
geof
Thanks Geoff. I take your point about the sky, and yes a crop from the top would only do good. No, the scene is how I shot it - nothing added or taken away. That’s my style. FWIW if I find myself spending over 5 minutes processing, then the photo is a failure. :)

Thanks Geoff. I take your point about the sky, and yes a crop from the top would only do good. No, the scene is how I shot it - nothing added or taken away. That’s my style. FWIW if I find myself spending over 5 minutes processing, then the photo is a failure. :)

you are a natural....i spend a lot of time doing pp..and CC crop and clone...not to any great achievement though
my interest may be misplaced.
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Back