Dust in lens?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I bought my daughter a Nikon d40 about three weeks ago. We have noticed that there are some marks on the pictures.Yesterday was the first time she has been out with it. Could this be dust? is there something we can do to get rid of it? Thank you for any help
0073.jpg

looks like dust in lens/on sensor.

If its only visable with a small aperture then most probably the sensor.
Other wise look in/on the lens and see if you can get a rocket blower to shift it!

It's more likely to be dust on the sensor, if it's loose you can blow it of with a dust blower otherwise you'll have to get a sensor cleaning kit.

This looks like dust on the sensor. You probably wouldn't see the effect of dust in the lens, ( unless it was huge).

You may be able to remove the dust from the sensor with a blower brush ( don't use "canned air" it may leave deposits on the sensor). Failing that return the camera to the dealer and get them to clean it.

If it was purchased from a dealer I would be inclined to return it.
Also he would be able to check it and tell you what it is and how to avoid it in the future.

Pete

Thanks for the replies:)

I bought the camera direct from Amazon. I have been in touch with Nikon and they say that they will charge me for a sensor clean.
They did say to look in the instructions to find the sensor lock or something, but can I for the life of me find it.

you might be lloking for a mirror lock up to clean thet sensor- get to jessops and get a sensorklear pen. they are cheap and do work.

Thanks, I have just come across the mirror lock, I think that is what he meant. I have a Q.Ball will give it a blast with that.

Thank you again for your help and advice.

Back