Dutchie's 52 updated with week 5

Name
Cynthia
Edit My Images
Yes
There we go. My brain is doing overtime now of what to shoot ;)

Last edited:
Ok there I go. My first week Accomodation. It was fun to build it with my son. It's a Star Wars Spaceship.

And nr 2

Last edited:
Ok a bit late, but this is my thinking of New. New buds coming out of the ground.

Another post I missed before..Sorry !

This challenge does tend to get your grey matter working overtime:LOL:

The colors in your "new" shot look just right & DOF looks good to me but maybe would have been more effective getting a little closer in to make the new growth stand out more?

Good start to the challenge,look forward to seeing your "style" shot (y)

#1, I like the idea but would like to see the whole model in focus. I prefer the second photograph, like the perspective. In both, I'd prefer a blank backing. If you post process, I bet you could get the colours to really pop in this one.

#2 again, I do like this idea. Anything with green in t works for me, love that colour. Nice composition, I'd like to see a tad of the left and bottom. Few distractions in this one: twig middle left and small stone on the left edge.

Cheers.

Ok, I've been nearly all week ill or had kids that were sick, so I'v given you my style. My style of flower. The lilly, my favourite flowers.

Well composed and lit, I'm no technical expert but I like that shot, nice one (y)

Composition, lighting and the background bokeh is nice. But the flower itself seems a bit soft? I can't quite tell where the point of focus is. Nice effort though!!

Like your week 3 - familiar subject but a different view, well done.

I agree with the softness.

I'm not sure if it can hurt in this case, cause I think it does the flower well, looking at it.

But I think it's the camera. It fell on the floor with lens on it a month ago and since then it's not giving me full clear pictures also a lot of noise. I need to get it checked out as shutter works, but way to slow. The camera was very stable when I took the shot and shouldn't have been so soft. Lens itself is ok I hope, different lens then the one that fell.

That's a lovely photo, especially with the white petals set off against the green background. Is the point of focus on the left hand petal?

week 1 - love playing with lego :) - nice space station ;) - could you not have suspended it with invisible thread for the photo?

week 2 - fits the theme but not very inspiring - maybe you could have made the photo mono but kept the buds green perhaps.

week 3 - your best so far. yes a little soft but without knowing the shutter speed etc difficult to know why. only improvement I would make would be to have arranged the flowers to prevent so much of the dark shades in the lower left corner.

Ok this photo is taken on saturday to post, but and I had trouble with resizing. The photo got way to small. I know now what I did wrong. Lesson learned.

Week 4 Out in the Open
Since it was nice weather, we went for a walk and I got a lot of shots. Too many shadows i'm not to happy about. But will need more time to improve on that which i haven't at this moment.

Chantel-web-2.jpg

Back