duxford 2011

Name
Mathew
Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys, this year i was thinking of going to see the flying legends this year... booking a ticket i get the option of either a sat or sun ticket...

I was wondering if there was any difference of what flys on each day or are the same planes flying on both days...

thanks in advance

Mat

Can't help regarding the flying but if you only want to see the planes and are not worried about the static displays then you can park at Duxford Primary School and walk to a nearby field. The school charge for parking but only a fraction of the cost of the duxford prices. Have a search in the meeting place for duxford threads and you should find all the details (y)

Nick

Update - just done a quick search and come up with this link - http://ccv.e2bn.net/e2bn/leas/c99/schools/ccv/web/site/Air%20Days/

Last edited:
Can't help regarding the flying but if you only want to see the planes and are not worried about the static displays then you can park at Duxford Primary School and walk to a nearby field. The school charge for parking but only a fraction of the cost of the duxford prices. Have a search in the meeting place for duxford threads and you should find all the details (y)

Nick

Update - just done a quick search and come up with this link - http://ccv.e2bn.net/e2bn/leas/c99/schools/ccv/web/site/Air%20Days/

All I'll say is that if everyone did this there wouldn't be an airshow!!!

All I'll say is that if everyone did this there wouldn't be an airshow!!!

True but if nobody did it then the school would not benefit either :shrug:

There will always be the people that want to see all of the ground displays and will pay the extotionate prices that they charge. You pays your money and takes your choice (y)

There will always be the people that want to see all of the ground displays and will pay the extotionate prices that they charge. You pays your money and takes your choice (y)

Airshow entry fees go towards the cost of booking these aircraft and keeping them airborne. Why should the school benefit from a nearby airshow.... it receives its funding from the tax payer!

And so do duxford. A chunk of their money is from the MoD and therefore taxpayers money.

As I said it is up to you and anyone else to decide for themselves if they want to pay to go in or pay less to the school to watch it nearby. As for the school funding from the LEA just about covers the cost of running the school. Extra money from events like this help to educate the children a little better for all our futures.

Perhaps you would also like to see the primary school near portman road stop charging for parking for football fans as it might reduce revenue for the council?

Disagree it is extortionate. These planes do cost money to maintain, and they do have to pay for display pilots, plus quite a few wages and organisation costs. Went last year and cant remember how much (from memory around £25 each) but thats for entertainment from midday to 5 ish. A non league footie match costs £15 for a couple of hours at most!

Perhaps you would also like to see the primary school near portman road stop charging for parking for football fans as it might reduce revenue for the council?

Why? Can you watch the football from their playing fields as well?

i already have a ticket guys, so will go to the show on sat and watch from school fields on sunday...best of both worlds

Back