Duxford Airshow (Sat 7th)

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Attended Duxford yesterday, had a superb time, even though a few things didn't fly for one reason or another.

Not really worked on to many photos yet due to time, but more to follow tomorrow eve I imagine.
Anyway, enjoy

9705095996_9f649a97b2_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

9705066860_8a803972a2_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

9705053810_410ba36bf4_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

9701814139_f497511e40_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

9701788249_ffc7fb53de_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Very nice work, up to the standard of your other posts. Really like no 3 as well. (y)

Taken with the siggy 150-500mm ?

Doug

Excellent set, nice and sharp with great prop movement, can't pic a favourite as liking them all.

Excellent photography with the right amount of prop blur. 3 and 4 could do with a little extra space ahead of the nose, just an opinion.
i can imagine the sound those wonderful aircraft were making.

That's the best set of aircraft pictures I've seen, I think they're all fantastic.

That B25 shot is a stunner. Brilliant. Guess you were in the naughty field?

The 2 cats together are nice, I've not got any photos of them flying together, which is odd. I must have just watched it...!

Excellent photography with the right amount of prop blur. 3 and 4 could do with a little extra space ahead of the nose, just an opinion.
i can imagine the sound those wonderful aircraft were making.

Thank you. I appreciate the comment. I am always trying to improve, there is actually a really similar shot on my flickr (just put it up) with more space at the nose

Hi Jonathan,
A brilliant set of images !! I've recently attempted airshow photography but can't get anywhere near the standard of these. I have the 150/500 and never bother taking it with me because it's too slow, so these images blow me away.

I shoot with a 40D and 100/400L and struggle for focus, especially in poor light and grey skies. I realise that the AF on the 7D is far superior. Did you use autofocus for these shots?

Regards

John

Hi john. Yes i used autofocus on these.

I used to use it on my 40d before i had the 7d and it worked well.

I will admit it does take me a lot of practise and favourable light to hit the keepers as well as luck

Many thanks for the reply. It seems that i need to start practicing then LOL !!
Are you going to Southport?

B17 photo's are fantastic..i'd quite happily put them on the wall. Excellent colour/sharpness..

Back