Duxford Flying Legends

Dino f

Wiiiiilmmmaaaaaaaa
Name
Dean Feltimo
Edit My Images
Yes
What a day!!!! I look like a bit of crispy bacon:LOL:
It was great to meet up with Dan (King Boru), sorry we did'nt manage to meet up with Lady Lens. Lots to enjoy in the sun today. One or two dark clouds, but nothing major.

Here are a few, i'm knackered, so i wont look at 'em all until 2moro.
IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

As usual c&c most welcome.
Thanks for taking the time to look.
Dean

Absolutley stunning

love
need i go on nice shots

all superb shots, just curious where were these taken from ?

DUXFORD

?

SORRY DID YOU MEAN WAS DINOF ON THE GROUND OR IN A PLANE..

Yes thats what I meant because of the angles they are taken at.

thought i sounded alittle sarci. there and im not trust me im not..(y)

(y)
only new about it cos a mate has gone there ..?

im not a funny bugger normally(y)

dino f where where you for these shots

Sorry dino, and dan...ts what I get for attending an air show with a pair of normal blokes that suddenly turn anorak 8yr olds the minute a plane is nearby! :bonk:

Your pics are excellent as always matey - like you , shattered, will stick a few up tomorrow, after we have been to..... Hatfield and Shuttleworth :bang:

Brilliant!, the clouds in the last shot are blown a bit, apart from that it's a great one.

Nice shots Dean, Expect to see some from me very soon..:)

PS: Yes I'm bloody sore today too..:nuts:

I too feel a bit crispy bacon,... was very hot and had no sun cream!

Was great meeting up Dean! Excelent shots!

Dan.

Shucks!! Thanks guys for all your comments.
For the record, i was far right up the crowd line, right at the end of the runway. As the planes came in from right to left, they were actually flying over our heads so close my 100-400 was too long at the 100 end!:eek:

Riat next:woot:
Dean:)

Sorry dino, and dan...ts what I get for attending an air show with a pair of normal blokes that suddenly turn anorak 8yr olds the minute a plane is nearby! :bonk:

YIPPEEEEE PLANES!! us boys will be boys:LOL:

For the record, i was far right up the crowd line, right at the end of the runway. As the planes came in from right to left, they were actually flying over our heads

You must have been very near to me then because that's where I was sat..:wave:

Brill shots

You must have been very near to me then because that's where I was sat..:wave:

Hey BB, me and the wife were sat in front of a little blue and red beach tent, it was the only place left when we got there, but i'll defo use that spot again.

Hey BB, me and the wife were sat in front of a little blue and red beach tent, it was the only place left when we got there, but i'll defo use that spot again.

Bloody hell I hope it was't you we were laughing at trying to assemble a beach tent behind us, They tried for 20 minutes to assemble it them got the instruction manual out because it wouldnt go together...:LOL:

To the right of us was this..
tent.jpg

And to the left of us was this...
tent=1.jpg

I'm going up your side next time,... looks like a great spot!

King.

The best spot was at the other side of the runway..:)

Did you see the lucky sods on that banking with their big lenses and tripods, They even had the sun at the back of them, Not in front like we had..:bang:

Anyway I have a plan for next year but I aint sharing...:razz: ... :LOL:

BB we were way further up than that, any further we would have been in Stanstead.:LOL:

Great shots, Dean - you can really get the feel of the day

Ok great shots, now for the boring part - how did you keep so much detail and colour in the planes? Spot meter or something else? Whenever I take photos of planes I never get as much brightness as that in the planes???

Ok great shots, now for the boring part - how did you keep so much detail and colour in the planes? Spot meter or something else? Whenever I take photos of planes I never get as much brightness as that in the planes???

Shoot in Manual with spot metering. Depending on the weather meter from something that is roughly 18% grey. On dull days a light/slighty grey cloud is pretty good. Take 3 or 4 test shots of something flying and check your histogram. The detail should be to the right, but not too far as then it will be blown. Adjust accordingly.

Bright blue sky days are a little more difficult. Nice well kept green grass provides a decent exposure, or the back of your hand/your mates forehead. Another good spot is the greay concrete slabs on the taxi way then adding slightly to that.

All a bit guess and check the histogram really.

Somebody will probably have some better advice.

King.

Great advice from KB, if you are using a long lens (ie 100-400) things get a little easier. Because generally the plane will be filling the frame, i use evaluative metering, on bright days using +1 ex comp.
Like KB says, keep an eye on your histogram! If you have IS, turn it off.

awesome photos Dino F. I love the first one, what focal length was that taken at?

640mm:LOL: long end of the 400mm lens.
Thanks

No, sorry, i meant with the crop factor.
400x1.6.

Back