Duxford Flying Legends

Name
Les
Edit My Images
No
Just got round to processing images from the show. Here are a couple of the better ones. Any critique would be most welcome. I'd also appreciate any ideas for processing/ presenting images of aircraft in flight, as they tend to look a bit samey after a while.
I would prefer more prop blur. I generally shoot props at 1/320th which, with a 300m lens and 1.4 t/c is about as slow as i can go whilst still getting some sharp images.

DSC_4874a rs and wm by ipswichboy, on Flickr

DSC_7243a rs and wm by ipswichboy, on Flickr

The rest of the images can be seen here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswichboy/sets/72157631029258732/with/7762452796/

Les.

Hey Les, they are just cracking shots, if I had taken them I would be very pleased with them indeed. If I had anything to comment on it would be that the plane in the second shot is flying out of the frame but you have had to pop it where it is to get the smoke trails in on the wings!!

Hey Les, they are just cracking shots, if I had taken them I would be very pleased with them indeed. If I had anything to comment on it would be that the plane in the second shot is flying out of the frame but you have had to pop it where it is to get the smoke trails in on the wings!!

Thanks Rob. Spot on with the second shot as i think the smoke trails do add something. Just a shame the sky was a bit bland.

2 nice shots. I find the glare on the Spit's wings a little distracting tho.

I know what you mean about ideas for the the angles and framing from looking at my shots rom RIAT. I'd love to make the trip to Duxford (30 mins away) but my shifts have beaten me this year.

Back