Duxford Visit

Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
This week I managed to get a day off and have a bit of me time, so i decided to visit Duxford. It's been about 4 years since I last went there. So camera and tripod packed in the car and these are a few examples of my work.

Hope you like them, I still have loads to process and will try to load some more in the days to come.

IMG_0089_90_91_tonemapped by Doug, on Flickr

IMG_0083_4_5_7_tonemapped by Doug, on Flickr

IMG_0220_1_2_tonemapped by Doug, on Flickr

IMG_0078_79_80_tonemapped by Doug, on Flickr

IMG_9844_5_6_tonemapped by Doug, on Flickr

As always constructive comments welcome

Doug

Thank you Andrew, I will try and post some more later this week when I get 5 minutes.

Nice set, never knew they had a Typhoon on display at Duxford.

Some cracking images, really enjoy Duxford. Love the one of the Blackbird. The American museum was closed last time I went for refurb.

Some cracking images, really enjoy Duxford. Love the one of the Blackbird. The American museum was closed last time I went for refurb.
Thank you David. I can recommend another visit. I really enjoyed my day. No problem using a tripod either, although going there on a day when the kids were at school helped.

Lovely set, I do like the processing (y)

I do like HDR, as long as it's controlled, these are just fine for me (y)

Terrific set, full of fascinating & well-conceived images. It makes Duxford an absolute MUST for me, and soon!

A good set and I do like the way the processing on the blackbird and the B-24 Liberator has added a sheen to the metal surfaces.

Lovely shots, biased towards the SR-71 as it's one of my favourites and always looks so good it's hard to get a bad photo of!

I presume tripod used? No issues on site with using a tripod etc?

Thank you all for your comments. Yes I used a tripod and had no problems at all. In fact in one hall a member of staff asked me if I was a proffesional!

Thank you all for your comments. Yes I used a tripod and had no problems at all. In fact in one hall a member of staff asked me if I was a proffesional!
You said "Yes" of course :)

Of course I did! But seriously he was helpful and let me get a closer look at an exhibit from the other side of the barriers.

I think it helped going on a relatively quiet day, no kids running about to knock into my tripod.

I believe that Hendon is the same but you have to ask to use a tripod at reception.

really enjoyed looking at your shots :) Not been to Duxford, but it might be on the list after seeing your achievements :)

really enjoyed looking at your shots :) Not been to Duxford, but it might be on the list after seeing your achievements :)

Thank you Maria.

It's worth a visit, especially on a quite day like the one i went on (Kids at school)

Back