DVD Firmware upgrade

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Totally off topic I know but you guys have so much knowledge;)

I want to upgrade my Pioneer DVD player's firmware.......but what disc do I need to use to save the downloaded file to on my PC, so that my DVD can read it?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry Steep forgot to say this is for my DVD player to TV..........not on my PC.:D

If you mean a normal DVD player for your TV then (if its like the cheapy players I have flashed) you just write a CD on the computer with the firmware file on it. Put the CD in the DVD player and it recognises the firmware is there and asks if you want to update.

There is usually instructions wherever you got the new firmware from.

If it is a DVD-rom in a computer then steeps links will help.

I have saved the firmware to a CD-R but my DVD says it cant read it.

Can it normally read the CD-R brand that you used? Some players are brand fussy.
Are there instructions somewhere? Not expecting the file in a directory called firmware or something?

P-E said:
I have saved the firmware to a CD-R but my DVD says it cant read it.

Did you finalise the disk after burning? (ie no more files can be burnt to the disk). Most players won't play disks that aren't

:dizzy: ........tried it again.......justs says CD.....cant play disc.

Two possibilties here;

(1) its brand fussy

(2) I dont have a clue what I am doing.

You can eliminate #1 by copying a music CD to the same media and seeing if it plays.

#2 We can work on :)

Where did you get the firmware from?

edit: and what model player?

As it is an CD image file and you have instructions for Nero for how to burn the CD it can't be what's on the disc - so it must be the media?

I've got a 575 ..... but it works so I won't be fixing it :)

RobertP said:
As it is an CD image file and you have instructions for Nero for how to burn the CD it can't be what's on the disc - so it must be the media?

I've got a 575 ..... but it works so I won't be fixing it :)

I just tried burning some music to same make of disc.........same result..can't play CD.:nut:

Using Pinnacle to burn...........although I have a Nero disc somewhere.

evilowl said:
Did you finalise the disk after burning? (ie no more files can be burnt to the disk). Most players won't play disks that aren't

Sorry evilowl.........yes I finalised after burning.

One more thing you could try is to burn at a slow write speed - 4X

Failing that get some more blank CD's of a different brand.

RobertP said:
One more thing you could try is to burn at a slow write speed - 4X

Failing that get some more blank CD's of a different brand.

I think a different brand is in order.

:thumb: appreciate the help.

Back