DVD writing software

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend a decent DVD / CD writing package?

I've been using Sonic's record now as it came on the laptop from dell

For some reason it's always made more dvds in to coasters than it should :bang:

Cd's have always been fine,:shrug:

Tonight, Sonic told me had had successfully written the data to dvd, but when trying to view the data on the same drive it does nothing! Eventually windows will say that my computer isn't responding. :crying:

So......what works and what doesn't ?

Padus Discjuggler. Excellent writing software, never had one coaster from it, plus you can burn over a network.

Don't be tempted with Nero, its the work of satan. :naughty:

Another vote for Discjuggler here :)

If you are trying to back up DVD'S Try DVD shrink it's free and can rip most DVD'S

Google DeepBurner - It's Free so it's kinda basic but does the job.

I always wait until I have a dvd's worth of images before I clear out "my pictures"

The drive in the laptop is supposed to be able to handle +/- discs, but it sure as hell doesn't like these -R discs :(
typical when I bought a 200 stack :annoyed:

Will google these progs now :)

I had a load of phillips DVD fail to write for me, used a no brand from the local computer shop and never had one fail.

I use:

CDBurnerXP Pro 3

Its free and does what it says on the tin ... and DVD's too

(you can get it from www.nonags.com ... a good site for "stuff")

I know your problem. Use the sonic help and look for updates. Don't pay for the 'pro' version, but there should be some updates to the Sonic burner which will sort out DVD burning...

I know your problem. Use the sonic help and look for updates. Don't pay for the 'pro' version, but there should be some updates to the Sonic burner which will sort out DVD burning...

Now there's an irony :eek:

The entire program was nuked off my lappy 5 mins before you posted that :LOL:

I've always used Nero and it seems to be a good all rounder, photos dvds movies etc. Never let me down yet.

Try http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ CD Burner XP, it's the latest version of CDBurnerXP Pro 3.

Does all I require with a minimum of bolt on cr@p that would never get used.

Quote :
# burn all kinds of discs
# audio-CDs with or without gaps between tracks
# burn and create ISO files
# data verification after burning process
# create bootable discs
# multi-language interface
# bin/nrg → ISO converter, simple cover printing and much more!
# Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista

Oh, and it's FREE...

Had a similar problem with the CD/DVD drive in my Dell desk top machine. After reinstalling Sonic to no avail installed Roxio that I had from another drive, same problem. Installed the USB Freecom drive; worked fine with both software.

That was the easy part. Convincing Dell support it was the Drive not the software took another 2 hours.

If you can check out the software, by using another drive .It may be the drive not the software

Have to say I'd suspect the hardware too. Laptop DVD writing is not something I've found to be reliable. Never a problem on the desktop machine (usually using Nero 6)

Well, I found a copy of nero 6 that came with my machine at work.....rather strange as the base unit doesn't have a cd/dvd writer :wacky:

Installed on the lappy :whistle: and it's burnt 3 DVD's and a cd-r fine.

Thanks for the replies :)

Well, I found a copy of nero 6 that came with my machine at work.....rather strange as the base unit doesn't have a cd/dvd writer :wacky:

Installed on the lappy :whistle: and it's burnt 3 DVD's and a cd-r fine.

Thanks for the replies :)

why did i know that would happen? :LOL: Nero...sucks you in, then its over-bloated install will eventually spit you out :p

Back