DXO Pure Raw - v - On1 No Noise?

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
I'm probably being really stupid, but I have both DXO PL5 and On1 No Noise 2022 (I Know!!!), I actually prefer DXO, especially for my Olympus raw files, however, when using deep prime within the programme, I can see no discernible difference in the image, after activating deep prime? If I use On1 No Noise, I can see a difference? I can't figure out why one programme appears to adjust the noise in an image and the other doesn't? I have looked on the internet for any clue but can't really find any, other than a vague reference to the DXO edited image needs to be exported to really see the effect of deep prime, but that would mean you are not really able to edit with the deep prime effect in place?

I have too many editing options and I really would like to concentrate my efforts on one to learn to use it better, and I like DXO, plus they were super quick in responding to another query I had, any thoughts re this,?

Many Thanks

Maybe try the free trial of PureRaw 2 and see if that shows up the processing
https://www.dxo.com/dxo-pureraw/

I did have a similar issue and assumed my lens the new Panasonic 9mm was not as yet added to the database.
Are you using anything that might not be supported?

thanks for that, I do have pure raw as well, ( :ROFLMAO: )so that's a good suggestion, the lenses I am using are the olympus 12 - 40 pro so there should not be a problem with that, and my camera is the em1 mkiii so again, a supported camera.

thanks for that, I do have pure raw as well, ( :ROFLMAO: )so that's a good suggestion, the lenses I am using are the olympus 12 - 40 pro so there should not be a problem with that, and my camera is the em1 mkiii so again, a supported camera.
They should be fine, my other issue was waiting for the 12-45 to be added.

If you look in the DXO 'Denoising' Panel you will see the changes made and you can control where you are looking by clicking on the Magnifier Tool and placing the resulting rectangle where you want to view on the main image. It uses this method to reduce processing time.

Many thanks gramps, I was looking at the actual image, so will look at the denoise ‘window’. Why don’t the changes deep prime makes, show up on the larger image? I tend to go to crop, then deep prime and then edit, that is where I am finding it frustrating in that I do not appear to be editing a deep prime adjusted image?

I have been impressed by the ability of On1 to recover detail while reducing noise in the 2022 version. A couple of weeks back I did pictures at a friends evening wedding celebration with poor lighting and a need for some heavy cropping. The amount of detail that could be pulled out of an image has been quite surprising.

Why don’t the changes deep prime makes, show up on the larger image?
I believe it's just down to the time/resources needed to process the whole image, it's very resource intensive. :)

I have been impressed by the ability of On1 to recover detail while reducing noise in the 2022 version. A couple of weeks back I did pictures at a friends evening wedding celebration with poor lighting and a need for some heavy cropping. The amount of detail that could be pulled out of an image has been quite surprising.
Looks like On1's no noise doesn't integrate with DXO.

Back