Dyffryn Nantlle

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
Isnpired by the book Dyffryn Natlle - a Landscape of Neglect by Alan Carr (www.darkhorse.co.uk), here's a selction of my B&W shots of the valley.

1. Commercial Hotel

2. Commercial Hotel

3. Bridge carrying the old Talysarn - Nantlle road over the Nantlle tramway

4. Talysarn Hall

5. Talysarn Hal stable block

All taken on the trusty GH1 with 14-45mm lens.

Hi Alan

No2 looks very interesting. Think you could "pop" the vines with a different processing.
Also like No 4.

Hi Alan

No2 looks very interesting. Think you could "pop" the vines with a different processing.
Also like No 4.

Yes I should really have used flash. Didn't think. :bonk:

Is this any better?

P1050449mcas43.jpg

Just my opinion but when you make them "pop" as it were,I don't think it fit into the set.I love the dark forgotten atomsphere in these shots

#2, #3 and #5 for me.

#2, is a really interesting photograph and well captured/composed.

#3, nice and mysterious. May benefit from portrait?

#5, although spoilt by graffiti nice shot; looks like something out of Dracula. Might look better if you moved to the right a bit to get the full central arch in?

Cheers and I wish I lived near there...

Cheers folks. Yes these were all taken around the periphery of Dorothea. There's a bit of confusion as to which buulding was the Commercial Hotel before the Quarry moved in - Boyd shows it as being 2 different building on differing maps in the same book :clap:.

I'm pretty sure that I've labelled it right - it's not the one at the top of the slipway, I'm pretty sure that was once part of Talysarn Uchaf farm. The one here is further towards Nantlle, at the foot of an incline up to the waste tips shared with Penybryn quarry.

The bridge - I have a couple of shots on film in portrait from inside the arch, with a wider lens, need to get that film developed.

Back