e-finity

Edit My Images
No
has this shop shut ?
cannot seem to get it to respond when you click onto a camera body or lens

has this shop shut ?
cannot seem to get it to respond when you click onto a camera body or lens

Just tried it, same here, nothing happens when I click on an item. Tried turning off ad-blocker, didn't change anything

Pretty sure they’re closed for Chinese New Year. Probably back in around ten days

Still not working here for me, though could be a browser issue? If you right click and open the links in new tabs it works. Odd one

It's gone a bit strange the last couple of days. If I right-click on it (safari) and click on "open link in new tab" then it works.

Works for me, been looking on there the last couple of days. I've never used them before as always used Panamoz, but has anyone had experience with them, especially warranty claims? I know Panamoz excel in this area. What about HDEW too, what are they like?

Last edited:
Works for me, been looking on there the last couple of days. I've never used them before as always used Panamoz, but has anyone had experience with them, especially warranty claims? I know Panamoz excel in this area.
As sellers, they are excellent. Never had any cause to use their warranty.

Works for me, been looking on there the last couple of days. I've never used them before as always used Panamoz, but has anyone had experience with them, especially warranty claims? I know Panamoz excel in this area. What about HDEW too, what are they like?

i bought 2 d500's from hdew also my 200-500mm from them no problem at all
but they have stopped selling nikon gear !!!!
haven't got a clue why

Just been looking into this, is it right that e-infinity send any repairs back to HK and turnaround therefore can take several weeks?

Just been looking into this, is it right that e-infinity send any repairs back to HK and turnaround therefore can take several weeks?

Not sure to be honest, I have bought a few things from them with no issues but have not needed to return anything as yet. They are much slower than Panamoz to ship stuff in my experience.

Could be just isolated incidents but someone in the Sony thread was having problems with an 85mm they bought from them which seemed to have been a used rather than a new item. I also seen someone complaining about them on Facebook recently as well saying they had ordered a camera body which when it arrived had obvious signs of use and the serial number on the box was different than on the camera.

I think I remember seeing a thread on here a while back where someone did return a faulty item to them and yes it did have to go back to HK and there was a fair bit of turnaround time. Although from memory they might have said that they where given the option of using a local repairer as well.

but they have stopped selling nikon gear !!!!
haven't got a clue why

HDEW stopped selling Nikon probably due to being unable to compete on price with the other grey market suppliers more than a year ago, Panamoz did the same for a short time. Efinity have always and still do have a lot of Nikon stock.

Last edited:

No, they ask you to get it repaired in the UK and they reimburse you for all pre-agreed expenses.

No, they ask you to get it repaired in the UK and they reimburse you for all pre-agreed expenses.
Has that changed ‘recently’? I was reading a thread on dpreview where customers had to return to a UK address and then it was shipped to HK taking anywhere from 3-8wks turnaround. I know Panamoz ask you to get it fixed in the UK and reimburse you so maybe e-infinity have followed suit.

I’m pretty sure I’ve read somewhere on their site that repairs are done through taking them back and could take 6-8 weeks.

I’m pretty sure I’ve read somewhere on their site that repairs are done through taking them back and could take 6-8 weeks.

You are right this is copied from their website.

Repair normally takes about 3 to 8 weeks depending on the issues and we will be keeping you informed during the process. In case the repair requires a part that needs to be specially ordered from the manufacturer, additional costs may incur and we will let you know as soon as possible. Chargers, batteries, USB cables and accessories as such are not covered.

This bit on their website is a bit rubbish in terms of customer service.

In the case if the defective product is not reparable, we will be offer you with an identical, refurbished unit at our discretion.

Our warranty is not transferable to any person other than the one who purchased the item from us.

Last edited:

Thats interesting as I had a potential issue with a Fuji X-H1 and we agreed I would send it to Fuji UK and get them to repair it as necessary and e-infinity would pay for the repair.. A few months ago now. Perhaps they have changed tack and ship abroad now?

Thats interesting as I had a potential issue with a Fuji X-H1 and we agreed I would send it to Fuji UK and get them to repair it as necessary and e-infinity would pay for the repair.. A few months ago now. Perhaps they have changed tack and ship abroad now?
Maybe it has changed. Only ever purchased a couple of lenses from them without issue but when I looked I got the impression that returns for repair were back to HK, but that could have changed.

Panamoz, in my experience are exceptional with any issue and I would be tempted to go there based on previous experience. Had a D750 which had to go to Nikon. As soon as they received the estimate they paid immediately.

Maybe it has changed. Only ever purchased a couple of lenses from them without issue but when I looked I got the impression that returns for repair were back to HK, but that could have changed.

Panamoz, in my experience are exceptional with any issue and I would be tempted to go there based on previous experience. Had a D750 which had to go to Nikon. As soon as they received the estimate they paid immediately.
It's a tough call, e-infinity appear to be anywhere from 10-20% cheaper than Panamoz these days, but is it worth paying that extra for piece of mind????

Back