E-Infinity Online Camera Store.

Yep no problems with them apart from waiting for the goods .7 to 10 days

I've used them a few times - very good interaction, they keep you informed.

i have used them on a number of occasions, with no problems.Will be using them again

Damn you LOT to Hell & back !!! Grrrr :bat::bat::bat:

Just seen this post and looked into this company that I'd not heard of before, having considered my next purchase this has come in several hundreds of £s cheaper !!!

And hence the card will get a hit shortly lol

So - errr - thanks :D

Dave
Any time you want to spend money, just ask. :D

After a little conversation within the Fuji X thread, I ordered a Fuji 27mm late last week and received it yesterday. Great communication throughout.

I bought a Tamron 100-400 from them, no problems at all.
A friend bought a Tamron 150-600 G2 from them, again no problems at all.
I'll be making future purchases from them as well.

I ordered through their eBay shop during the 10% off eBay promotion. They processed the order on the 7th September (they send you a picture of your purchase alongside your name and address). I am still waiting so they don’t always hit the 3-5 days. They do say they have a UK warehouse but I guess it depends where the goods are based (grey imports after all). One or two horror stories about people being stung for import tax. I just hope they deliver into the UK warehouse and then post out.

My lens is due between 16th and 24th.

It has t entered the Royal Mail system yet as the status hasn’t changed from “we’re expecting it”.

I have ordered from them once before and had similar time scale and no customs issues. Fingers crossed again.

I ordered through their eBay shop during the 10% off eBay promotion. They processed the order on the 7th September (they send you a picture of your purchase alongside your name and address). I am still waiting so they don’t always hit the 3-5 days. They do say they have a UK warehouse but I guess it depends where the goods are based (grey imports after all). One or two horror stories about people being stung for import tax. I just hope they deliver into the UK warehouse and then post out.

It has t entered the Royal Mail system yet as the status hasn’t changed from “we’re expecting it”.

I have ordered from them once before and had similar time scale and no customs issues. Fingers crossed again.
Mine have all definitely been posted from HK, but sent by courier, not Royal Mail. I could watch their progress all the way, from entering HK airport, going through customs, landing at, I think, East Midlands, and onto the delivery van.

I have exactly the same experience. Ordered with the 10% off and my delivery is still at the same stage.

Update for those interested. I chased my parcel last night and received this response.

We just got an update from our warehouse and shipping agent that due to the warehouse system error, all shipments that was dispatched out on 7th and 8th was mislocated. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We can offer you with two options, either to cancel this order and offer a full refund back to your paypal account through ebay or we can arrange to reship out another one to you via Royal Mail again, however please note that due to large numbers of orders need to be reshipped out, it may take up to one week for you to receive it.“

So not a good experience so far.

Update for those interested. I chased my parcel last night and received this response.

We just got an update from our warehouse and shipping agent that due to the warehouse system error, all shipments that was dispatched out on 7th and 8th was mislocated. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We can offer you with two options, either to cancel this order and offer a full refund back to your paypal account through ebay or we can arrange to reship out another one to you via Royal Mail again, however please note that due to large numbers of orders need to be reshipped out, it may take up to one week for you to receive it.“

So not a good experience so far.
Thanks for the update. I think I might have to chase them also!

I purchased an a7 III + 24-105 f4 from E-infinity on the last 12th of September. Then I purchased the 85 1.4 GM on the 19th. The 85 1.4 is in transit, but I contacted them about the other 2 items and they sayd that the order has been mislocated. They offered to me a full refund or reship the order again, but it will take another week. I have to say that all my orders had discounts codes of up to 10% from Ebay. I asked them to reship my order but I don't know now if I can trust what they say. I have bought other cameras and lenses in the past and always went well. But I think the problem is the discount codes. They may want me to ask for a full refund and buy the 2 items again without discount codes.

I purchased an a7 III + 24-105 f4 from E-infinity on the last 12th of September. Then I purchased the 85 1.4 GM on the 19th. The 85 1.4 is in transit, but I contacted them about the other 2 items and they sayd that the order has been mislocated. They offered to me a full refund or reship the order again, but it will take another week. I have to say that all my orders had discounts codes of up to 10% from Ebay. I asked them to reship my order but I don't know now if I can trust what they say. I have bought other cameras and lenses in the past and always went well. But I think the problem is the discount codes. They may want me to ask for a full refund and buy the 2 items again without discount codes.

I have just received my 85 1.4 GM as normal. But I will have to wait and see if they reship my Sony a7III + the 24-105. I will let you know

But I think the problem is the discount codes. They may want me to ask for a full refund and buy the 2 items again without discount codes.

I thought it was ebay that absorbs the discount and not the sellers (who recieve the full amount), in which case they have nothing to gain by making you buy the items again?

I had the same issue. Seems as if they had an issue will all orders on a couple of days which was when the eBay codes were available.

I contacted them through eBay and they messaged me towards the end of last week to say they'd dispatched it. Received early this week.

So I wouldn't worry I'm sure you'll receive it soon

I had the same issue. Seems as if they had an issue will all orders on a couple of days which was when the eBay codes were available.

I contacted them through eBay and they messaged me towards the end of last week to say they'd dispatched it. Received early this week.

So I wouldn't worry I'm sure you'll receive it soon

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. That's quite reassuring then. I will let you know when they reship the a7iii + the 24-105. I hope I don't have any problems.

I'm looking at a camera from E-finity and it's the same price on their ebay store (60roaddebut) and their own site, which would people think is better? With their own site I should have full CC protection but then the buyer protection on ebay is pretty strong these days as well and would likely to be easier to get support from if there were issues.

I'm looking at a camera from E-finity and it's the same price on their ebay store (60roaddebut) and their own site, which would people think is better? With their own site I should have full CC protection but then the buyer protection on ebay is pretty strong these days as well and would likely to be easier to get support from if there were issues.
You pay with CC on eBay too

I guess these are just another Tax Dodging HK based company?
Bear in mind people ordering from companies like theses you are evading tax.

I guess these are just another Tax Dodging HK based company?
Bear in mind people ordering from companies like theses you are evading tax.
I just bought a lens from E-Infinity, and from the tracking label on the box, it was despatched from West Ealing, London W13.

Only through Paypal as far as I'm aware which is different.
Nope I mean directly with your credit card, no PayPal.
Just did it last month to buy my laowa 10-18mm from UK digital shop since with eBay discount it was cheaper.

Nope I mean directly with your credit card, no PayPal.
Just did it last month to buy my laowa 10-18mm from UK digital shop since with eBay discount it was cheaper.

Is that direct with the store or is ebay handling the payment?

Is that direct with the store or is ebay handling the payment?
I think PayPal handles the payment at eBay's end but you don't care who handles the payment on behalf of the seller; could be eBay, PayPal, Worldpay, wherever. As far as you are concerned your credit card is directly charged for that purchase rather than through your PayPal account and hence you are still covered by section 75

Used E-Infinity a couple of times and found to be fine ... Just don't trust their delivery estimates. They seem to take a while before packing etc. All my items took close to two weeks to arrive instead of the stated three to four days.

I think PayPal handles the payment at eBay's end but you don't care who handles the payment on behalf of the seller; could be eBay, PayPal, Worldpay, wherever. As far as you are concerned your credit card is directly charged for that purchase rather than through your PayPal account and hence you are still covered by section 75

I'm not so sure about this, CC companies are resistant to pay out if something goes wrong where Paypal have handled the financial process. The Paypal guarantee is Paypal policy and not the law so not covered by section 75. This is where the CC companies take the hump and want Paypal to contribute to the refund.
Also, section 75 only covers you if you spend over £100, so if you but a tripod for £60 you're not covered under section 75, if you buy the tripod and a £50 monopod at the same time totalling £110 you're still not covered as the cost of the individual items are less that £100.

I stand to be corrected on this.

Used E-Infinity a couple of times and found to be fine ... Just don't trust their delivery estimates. They seem to take a while before packing etc. All my items took close to two weeks to arrive instead of the stated three to four days.
Agreed.
I had a "notification of despatch" and a tracking number.
When I checked the tracking number (Royal Mail) I kept getting a "We're expecting it" message from Friday of the first week.
Every time I checked back for the next week I got the same "We're expecting it" message until the Friday, when the message suddenly changed to "Out for delivery" and it susequently arrived later that morning, so I don't know where it had been.
Difficult to tell if this is a problem with E-Infinity, or a problem with the Royal Mail tracking service.
I did notice, from the tracking label, that it had been posted in West Ealing, London W13 but it was imposible to tell exactly when it was posted.
This was the second item I've bought from them and It took about ten days from placing the order to receiving the item, whereas I received my first purchase in less than a week.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about this, CC companies are resistant to pay out if something goes wrong where Paypal have handled the financial process. The Paypal guarantee is Paypal policy and not the law so not covered by section 75. This is where the CC companies take the hump and want Paypal to contribute to the refund.
Also, section 75 only covers you if you spend over £100, so if you but a tripod for £60 you're not covered under section 75, if you buy the tripod and a £50 monopod at the same time totalling £110 you're still not covered as the cost of the individual items are less that £100.

I stand to be corrected on this.

As I said at your end its not going through your paypal account. The money goes into the seller paypal account. As far as your are concerned you paid directly via. the CC so you are covered (you cannot control how and where the money goes that's sellers prerogative).

But you are saying if PP is involved that's the end of section 75. period.

tbh with you I am not sure, I understand your point too. I cannot say with any certainty that I am correct. Sometimes things aren't logical like you'd expect them to be.

It would nice if someone knew for sure what the deal is with direct CC payments on ebay without using your PP account.

Back