E-infinity

Name
David Bayley
Edit My Images
Yes
Is e-infinity a recommnded site to buy equipment from? Looking at the Nikon d5600 kit from there site and it' a good portion cheaper than HDEW and WEX.

I've purchased from all 3 you mention and had zero issues. HDEW give 3 years on a body but never had to try the warranty out. wex will be uk spec and next day but obviously more costly.

I've purchased bodies and lenses from einfinity and all are problem free. I cant decide if their warranty involves postage back to them or via a uk address, hdew will be a uk address return. Having said that, I'd buy from einfinity again without hesitation.

Good to hear. Just on the off chance there was an issue with the equipment in years to come, a UK repair agent could repair at a cost if something were to go wrong? I take it grey imports are not boxed as UK kits and relevant vat ect?

Good to hear. Just on the off chance there was an issue with the equipment in years to come, a UK repair agent could repair at a cost if something were to go wrong? I take it grey imports are not boxed as UK kits and relevant vat ect?
A UK repair centre will repair it at a cost.
The price I paid was inclusive. I didn't have to pay any more than the advertised price.
Looked like a standard box.

Last edited:
A uk repair centre will fix a grey import, for warranty you will need to send back to the supplier.

An import will come in a standard canon/nikon box. You may get a kit box though even if just buying a body.

It's good to know a grey import will be supported in the UK. Only decision now is do I want a one year warranty or pay slightly more for a three year warranty o_O

No issues here either! TBH I’d buy from anywhere that takes PayPal!

I was looking at E-infinity the other day, as am seriously considering buying the Tamron 100-400 from there as it is just over £300 cheaper than from a UK supplier. For thoe who have purchased from there, have any of you been lumbered with Duty Fees & VAT ?

I was looking at E-infinity the other day, as am seriously considering buying the Tamron 100-400 from there as it is just over £300 cheaper than from a UK supplier. For thoe who have purchased from there, have any of you been lumbered with Duty Fees & VAT ?
No extra for me.
I bought a £900 lens.

Thank you for that, they really do seem like a great company. Did you have to wait long for it to arrive ?
They don't dispatch immediately, they wait a few days for PayPal to clear apparently? I thought PayPal cleared straight away.
It took about a week, but it was worth waiting as I got a £1200 lens for £865

They don't dispatch immediately, they wait a few days for PayPal to clear apparently? I thought PayPal cleared straight away.
It took about a week, but it was worth waiting as I got a £1200 lens for £865

Thank you for that really useful information, looks like I will be able to get the glass sooner than expected then.

For thoe who have purchased from there, have any of you been lumbered with Duty Fees & VAT ?
Define "lumbered".

If you mean "faced with a legal obligation to pay" - yes, everybody.
If you mean "actually chased for payment" - probably virtually nobody.

I've looked at a Canon 6D body & they're only marginally cheaper (£50) than Digitalrev, who no longer offer a discount to TP members,but not worth the hassle for the difference imo

I only use E-infinity now, been using them for over 4 years, love how they send you a photo of your gear before they send it.

I wish they would put the canon stuff they sell on ebay, can be good if you have vouchers or 20% codes!

I only use E-infinity now, been using them for over 4 years, love how they send you a photo of your gear before they send it.

I wish they would put the canon stuff they sell on ebay, can be good if you have vouchers or 20% codes!

I had no idea about the discount codes, as if they wasn't cheap enough without them. Once I have got my Tamron 100-400 from them, if they give me a good service like they have everyone else, I would more than likely get the 16-35mm F4L IS from them as well.

Bought several lenses. With no issues whatsoever. First class

I had no idea about the discount codes, as if they wasn't cheap enough without them. Once I have got my Tamron 100-400 from them, if they give me a good service like they have everyone else, I would more than likely get the 16-35mm F4L IS from them as well.

Never heard about discount codes from einfin

Bought an x100f yesterday (saving about £350ish) had the email saying thanks for the purchase but nothing else. Any idea when i will hear from them

you can log into your account/support-orders and they'll show you photo of the package after a couple of days. A day or 2 later you'll get the tracking number on you account or via PayPal.

I ordered a lens last week and it was in my sweaty palms 5 days later.

So, about a week from ordering until i get hold of it. Seems long winded to me that.

I had the email saying its been shipped special delivery yesterday along with a picture but the tracking number is showing as "currently unable to confirm the status". Postie has been and nothing. Just hoping its on a later delivery.

I had the email saying its been shipped special delivery yesterday along with a picture but the tracking number is showing as "currently unable to confirm the status". Postie has been and nothing. Just hoping its on a later delivery.
You won't get it until next week.

Just took delivery of a Tamron 100-400 from E-Infinity. 2nd lens purchase from them and no issues with their service. Ordered on Sunday and was with the local DPD depot Friday.

I then booked a premium Sunday delivery which DPD failed to deliver and had to wait until the following Saturday to drive 25 miles to the DPD depot to collect. It's the 2nd DPD delivery in a row where I've had an issue, so no reflection on E-Infinity themselves.

Not looking good at the moment. Still nothing showing for the tracking number.

IIRC delivery took about 10/12 days. Good price from them usually but drawbacks are slightly longer wait time and maybe gtee is not so good/convenient. Pays your money and take your choice I guess, hope it turns up soon

Its just turned up.

Weird thing is it had an expro white battery in it, over 500 shutter count, the settings had all been changed and there is no cover for the hotshoe.

An email has been sent

UPDATE:...

Decent discount given, rather than send it back and have to wait for a new one and all the messing about.

Last edited:
Its just turned up.

Weird thing is it had an expro white battery in it, over 500 shutter count, the settings had all been changed and there is no cover for the hotshoe.

An email has been sent

Decent discount given, rather than send it back and have to wait for a new one and all the messing about.

Very odd, makes you wonder why it was used/returned!

All my stuff from them has been brand new. Used them many times over the last 4 or 5 yrs.

Its just turned up.

An email has been sent

Discount or not, I would be sending that back. There's no telling where it's been, what has happened to it, or why it was sent in place of a new one. But each to heir own!

Thanks for the comments everyone, as I said I'm still learning how the camera works and trying different subjects, shutter speeds, appatures ect. Good and bad critique will only help me get better with time, if I don't take the bad photos I won't know what to avoid in the future.

Back