E91 M Sport [Inc. Rig]

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
No
I've just finished a full clay and FK1000P seal to get it ready for winter. Don't think it looks too bad considering its on 165k!

Also gave me a chance to mess around with some different framing techniques and how the lens focal length affects the shape of the car. I'm thinking I probably need to get some rectangular soft boxes for the Bowens as at the moment they're just using the bare reflector. The framing is sort of practice for creating images with adequate space for text to be put in around in, like in a magazine.

All these (except interior and rig on a 10-24) were shot using my 15-85 7D kit lens, its one I usually ignore in favour of primes, so I decided to give it a go, and it's a fairly decent lens, especially as I wasn't working with wide apertures. Certainly saved some time and gave me more options over constantly swapping the primes. Wouldn't mind replacing with a 24-70 though!

BMW E91 320D M Sport by Matthew_Dear, on Flickr

Cont...

Looking good mate, some nice pictures there.

(Kneller from ZSOC)

Great shots, really like the last one. All that space really pulls you into the car and gives a sense of speed

Straighter than that other set at this location man :).

Clean decent shots! The location really suits the car too.

Great shots again Matt. What is your Bowens set-up if you don't mind sharing?

Cheers, lighting is one thing I'm always trying to improve.

Great shots again Matt. What is your Bowens set-up if you don't mind sharing?

It's just a simple GeminiRx 400 kit, with large travelpak and reflectors on. A lot of people on here seem to dislike Bowens but its what I use at my uni and the travelpak is neat and I got a nice Focus discount when I went. Fits great in my boot too. Only downside is adding more lights means the pricey Bowens triggers.

I'm still not 100% sure, all I can think of is in the portrait side profile I corrected for the leaning back effect of the building to make it look more face on. And yes I did then re-correct so that shape of the car was correct.

Might just be because I wasn't playing so much with the horizontal and vertical lines of the building within my compositions?

To clarify, the photos in this post are totally straight and spot on and an improvement from the previous ones. Not the other way about. Think I may have confused things lol.

Nice shots, although the interior looks a little plasticy, that said every photo I ever take of mine (e86 z4) always seem to come out the same!

Cheers guys, I think the interior looks a bit plasticy, because, well it is! It's not the best quality anymore tbh.

Ah I see what you mean. Got a few more coming up.

Back