Eagle photo

Name
Tony Jarvis
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there this is the first time I have posted on here so please let me know what you think about the photo Thanks

eagle.jpg

Hi there Trev I have had a go at sharpening, what do you think of this now. Thanks
eagleadjusted.jpg

The sharpened image is far better, just watch out for the halos on the edge of the beek.

Maybe a mask when sharpening The lower plumage and rear of head look good sharpened but I think the beak and eye lose somthing

Edited version is very good, like how you have managed the whites & kept them under control.

Les McLean this was the first time I have used the sharpening tool just played around until it looked right.

to explain my above post
bird.jpg

Fuzzyedges can you let me know what you did as very new to cs3 Thanks

First what I did here was quick and many people will disagree, which is good if they tell me what they would do.
I tried a high pass filter which works 75% of the time but it didnt for me here
You might like to try it on other photos of yours its good Hacker did a tutorial on it in 2007
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=28733
So what did I do
first made a duplicate layer
then using the lasso tool I lassoed the lower plumage, went filter, sharpen, unsharp mask and played till it was somewhat sharper re lassooed and repeated with the white plumage but not the eye and beak So both areas were sharpened different (some may say over sharpened) Next was layer, new adjustment layer, hue & saturation and put a bit of saturated colour into the beak
Using the mask and erase tool to remove any area that was over saturated
incidently the last bit is one way how selective colouring is done
Hope that helps I am learning just like you and there are some great tutorials or links to tutorials on this site you just have to look for them

Sorry fuzzyedges I don't like that at all.

I think detail is essential in such a shot and you have lost a lot.

I think the second shot is much better and the only thing I would do is completely blacken the BG to make the eagle stand out even more.

Last edited:
Back