Early attempts with Photoshop CS3

Name
Gerard Saunders
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello. I am new to photoshop and keen to improve the attached image. Basically I would like to improve the water and the sky and maybe reduce the fungus on the front wall that has formed below the dormer windows. Any advice or input welcome.

Gerard Saunders

Last edited:
There's a link below my signature. For the life of me I cannot see how you get the blessed photo into the thread! Probably time for bed.

Thanks for the help...

Sorry Richpips, now that I have got the picture working it looks a bit odd that you are saying you cannot see it! Your only reward for putting me in the right direction is that anyone who looks at the thread is likely to think 'Blimy, that Richpips must be blind(!)

No problem.

You could use the clone tool to get rid of the fungus.

I'd struggle to do much with the sky as you've branches covering most of it, a nightmare to select.

The water you could select as an area using the magic wand, cpoy to a new layer, then use whichever tool to change hue etc.

haven't cloned the fungus but i've changed the highlights and shadows then boosted the contrast

2950476812_43fd0bc30d.jpg

That's better.

The shutters were blown in the first one.

Maybe clone out that bit of red on the rh top edge.

Thanks for all the help gang, I've learnt a lot in the last few days. I got ride of the fungus, cut out the car and one of the picnic tables, and even dropped in a cyclist from a similar shot.

DSC_0001.jpg
[/IMG]

Back