Early evening enviromental portrait.

Edit My Images
Yes
204251780-L-2.jpg

Good use of fill flash but she'd been better placed a bit more left in the frame and eye contact is pretty much essential in a frontal portrait I would say.

I actually had a play with this earlier....

204251780-L-copy2.jpg

Im not sure that my edit is actually 'better' (though I did crop to the left just a little, lol!)
I used the shadow/highlight tool to lift the subject a little morre ... not sure now, perhaps a little less might have been better.

Beautiful model (looks a bit like my sis)
Roger if you prefer I can always remove :)

Im not sure that my edit is actually 'better' (though I did crop to the left just a little, lol!)
I used the shadow/highlight tool to lift the subject a little morre ... not sure now, perhaps a little less might have been better.

Beautiful model (looks a bit like my sis)
Roger if you prefer I can always remove :)

I prefer your edit as it gets rid of the dead space on the left.
Although there appears to be a clone mark top left ;) And you've got rid of the wall which helps it too.

Puz she was actually looking at me instead of the lens lol and I agree about the composition...InaGlo I like the crop but the PS is a bit far for my tastes, thanks for the effort. I have been practising late light, portrait shots and getting the balance right requires lots of that. Fortunately Ileana loves to be photographed :)

Why do so so many people never consider rotating the camera to portrait orientation when taking portraits? Perhaps you did in this case as I can see the argument for including that lovely background.

Tis a very nice shot anyway, although Glo's edit is more what I'd have gone for. :)

In the original shot there isnt enough of a contrast difference between the model and background - she gets lost a bit. As such I would tend to go for InaGlo's edit purely as it lifts the model from the background.

Stunning location for a photo shoot!

Why do so so many people never consider rotating the camera to portrait orientation when taking portraits?

I thought this when coming back from my college course, we had a go in the studio, and everyone had a go with my camera because it was the only one loaded with film ;)

99% of the shots were landscape, even though its pretty obvious the subject is portraits! Lost a lot of detail, and lots of white walls gained :(

99% of the shots were landscape, even though its pretty obvious the subject is portraits! Lost a lot of detail, and lots of white walls gained :(

Although saying that, over in the Landscapes forum I posted a landscape in Portrait format ! Worked well :D

Hey, can always work sometimes ;)

Just not in a big bare studio with nothing but white walls surrounding you :LOL:

Back