Early Fall on the North Dakota Prairie

Name
Drake
Edit My Images
Yes
It's fall in North Dakota, with it's accompanying bright yellows and reds amidst the more subtle browns, tans and greens. A month from now we may well have snow on the ground...but until then, we have the best part of our year to enjoy.

1. Panoramic shot of the prairie. This area is part of a statewide game management program, so it is a bit more than a square mile of ungrazed/unfarmed land. It's pretty much what one would have seen a couple of centuries ago.
MortonCountyGMA_EarlyFallPano.jpg

2. A standard view of the prairie; same general area as the pano.
MortonCoGMA_EarlyFall.jpg

3. Red Leaves in the Fall
RedLeavesinFall.jpg

I prefer the standard view to the pano. However the red in #3 is knock out and works really well against the colour and texture of the wood.

I prefer the standard view to the pano. However the red in #3 is knock out and works really well against the colour and texture of the wood.

Yes...I'm not too pleased with the pano. But I'm very pleased with how well my D300 can handle brilliant reds. It's always a learning experience.

2 & 3 for me, I love the colours in 2 they really stand out.

Andy

2 & 3 for me, I love the colours in 2 they really stand out.

Andy

Gotta agree with Andy. 2 and 3 are really well carried out with great colours and composition:clap: the pano doesn't do as much for me but hard to tell as its a small image.

Gotta agree with Andy. 2 and 3 are really well carried out with great colours and composition:clap: the pano doesn't do as much for me but hard to tell as its a small image.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. The pano looks better in a larger version, but it's not the strongest shot, I admit. Just didn't get the color right at all. At the time I posted it I thought it captured the broad prairie well, but now, a couple of days later, I think the color is all wrong. Back to the drawing board...:bang:

Back