Early Morning at the Pond

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
After a sunrise shoot at Portobello I decided to head down to one of my childhood haunts, the Figgate Park in Edinburgh. There is an Otter that is seen now and again but I was mostly interested in capturing the usual suspects either showing behaviour or in motion and with some nice light. Weapon of choice was Sony A7R IV and 100-400GM. I haven't been overly impressed with the A7R IV much preferring the A9 but I haven't really practiced enough and the pixels were needed for Landscapes before I visited the pond. Apart from the EVF stuttering between frames everything else worked pretty well and the crop mode is so useful.
Figgate Park by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Great shots Simon, there is almost an exorcist type of thing going on with the gull in number 2!

Cracking set, I have the 100-400mm and the 200-600mm I find myself using the longer lens mostly :)

Les

The 200-600mm is on my bucket list

They hace come down in price since I bought mine ( on the release date) it twins nicely with my a7Riii & a7Riv - I wouldn't be without it.

That said I do use the 100-400mm for larger dragonflies /Butterflies etc terrific lens too

Les :)

I have been very impressed with the 100-400 and the long distance macro capability and diminutive size made me go for that first. I dont do much nature but having a light set up will encourage me to try more often

I agree the 100-400mm was my 1st purchase, then I needed more reach so the 200-600mm was purchased shortly after :)

shot with my 100-400mm and a Sony 1.4x Teleconverter :) giving me a 580mm focal lenth

DSC00083 Painted Lady by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Les :)

Back