Early Morning Bakewell

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
The back streets of Bakewell in Derbyshire at 6am Sunday morning. Never seen the area so quiet, no people about and very few cars. Just the way I like it.

Bakewell II by Mike Swain, on Flickr

Simon, Laut, Mark, thanks for the kind words, really appreciated.

Anyone who knows Bakewell has an idea of how busy it always is with the local livestock markets, the daily visitors and the many bus loads of tourists. Really great to see it very early in a morning when you're still able to stand still long enough to hold a camera.

Great scene and composition.

My only criticism would be the dust bunnies and haloing around the trees. Was HDR / exposure blending used?

Thanks for the help Elliott. The dust bunnies are due to a lack of attention on my part and the haloing probably due to me over working the sliders. I have been removing the dust bunnies but adding a bit of sharpening afterwards and this has probably "sharpened" the ones I had missed.

Thanks for the help Elliott. The dust bunnies are due to a lack of attention on my part and the haloing probably due to me over working the sliders. I have been removing the dust bunnies but adding a bit of sharpening afterwards and this has probably "sharpened" the ones I had missed.

One more thing I've just picked up on is the glow from the light. It looks like you've added that in post and the glow has slipped over to the top of the light (cap). This should be black and you wouldn't see a glow emitting from the top of the light.

Back